DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can Not Pair Controller&Aircraft

cankalabaz

Reactions
Hi, i bought my MM 3 days ago from huston apple store, and unboxed the device at my hometown Turkey.

Unfortunately it s unable to pair controller and aircraft with no reason. İ fallowed every step to pair with or without mobile device, in both method aircraft and controller beeps and lights are flashing from left to right. But then stops, aircraft constatly flashes yellow.

i contacted with the dji support they requested serial number of my aircraft and checked that my aircraft is not activated? they told me to fallow everysteps on dji fly app. Ok! İ deleted dji fly and setup again, as they told i need to see “activate my mavic mini” but i never saw it on the secreen. Some permissions to reach gallery etc, some tutarials about controls and flying point than voala, main screen with nothing and the red aircraft not connected notification on the left corner. So i try to pair again from here know what ? Nothing :)

Yesterday i found the us devices are in fcc mode and europe devices are in ec mode which is different wifi frequencies. That make sense to why aircraft and controller doesnt see eachother, so i used fake gps on the phone, teleported my location to huston, and tried to pair, no result still the same ;(

Also İ tried to connect dji assistant 2 and it does not see rc and ac.

İ hope someone can help me before get mad:)))

So you bought the MM in Houston Texas, USA but you live in Turkey? That shouldn't give you a pairing problem, it should be paired right out of the box but you may eventually encounter warranty issues or purchase of Refresh. Even when moving from an FCC country, the two units should still talk to each other. After all, us in the USA do go abroad on vacation!

You can't activate if your app doesn't see your AC.

If you're using Windows 10, Assistant might not be seeing the RC or AC due to a driver or two not loading. Although I did not encounter this for the MM, after installing the latest version of Assistant because of the MM, Assistant would not see my M2. Turned out from looking in Device Manager the RNIS and serial driver were not loading. Had Windows find driver and Bingo!
Also Windows Firewall can block the network part of the connection between Assistant and AC/RC.
It is tricky to track down where in Device Manager the Mini would be in.

So you get "Aircraft not connected". That means your app is at least seeing your RC. You'll need to continue working on the pairing issue since you can't do anything else, including activation, until the pairing is fixed and the app sees the AC.
Since both the RC and the AC are from the same country, they should still be able to be in the same radio mode, even if they were moved to another country. But the move to another country could be the issue.

To pair without using the app:
Be sure the RC and AC are near each other, say within a foot or two of each other.
Power on the RC and AC. If they are not paired the RC LEDs will blink in unison
Once powered on, hold the RC power button for over 5 seconds. It should start beeping. I had to do this twice for it to engage pairing mode.
With RC beeping in pairing mode, power up the AC. Let it complete its initialization
Press AC power button for over 5 seconds. LEDS should start strobing.
After 5 seconds they should complete the pairing.
If that doesn't work then you're only option is to return them.

For connection to Assistant:
Start Assistant.
Connect a micro USB cable to the PC. Don't connect it to the RC or AC yet.
Power on the RC or AC, and within 20 seconds, connect the USB cable to it.
Be sure you have the Micro cable facing the right way for the RC, its easy to get it wrong and break the connector on the RC.
It may take several seconds but you should first hear the PC acknowledge its connected, then a few seconds later the Assistant should show its connected.

If Assistant doesn't see the RC or AC, you'll need to find it in Device Manager.
Look in Ports (Com & LPT) For RC See if there's DJI USB Virtual COM (COM#). If not see if there's anything with a ? or !. If so, have Windows try and find a driver automatically.
In the case of the AC, it will appear as a USB Serial Device (COM#). in the case of the AC, highlight this device, change view to Devices by Connection. Above the USB Serial device and under the parent USB Composite Device, there should be Remote NDIS Based Internet Sharing Device. If that or something similar has a ? or !, have Windows try and update the driver.
Once that's all fixed you may get a prompt asking if Windows should allow the the connection through the firewall, Select that it's OK.
If you waited too long on the AC, it will show up as a USB Mass Storage device and DJI WM160 USB device

hi, thanx for the reply actually I am in doubt about the fcc or ec situation when I check the models of rc and ac it looks both of them fcc. So we can assume to problem on the frequencies.

I still can not activate the drone and don't know why.

Yeah at least i have connection between rc and mobile thanx to the cable, but there is no tiny life evidence from the aircraft. All I have is 20 secs of pairing status lights (from left to right) and flashing yellow strobe. Aircraft doesn't seen by rc (pairin) or mobile (activation)

it s looks like aircraft is pretending to be dead.

Best thing i can do is activating the drone with the dji assistant. And pairing will come after if I can do it, butt somehow asistant also not working 2 laptops Win7 and Win10. I ll try on drivers. Thats all i can do now, except returning the drone.

Assistant doesn't provide a means to activate. Only to update firmware (which could fix the issue), download logs (doesn't work for me) or run the simulator (doubt supported by Mini).

Hi, i bought my MM 3 days ago from huston apple store, and unboxed the device at my hometown Turkey.

Unfortunately it s unable to pair controller and aircraft with no reason. İ fallowed every step to pair with or without mobile device, in both method aircraft and controller beeps and lights are flashing from left to right. But then stops, aircraft constatly flashes yellow.

i contacted with the dji support they requested serial number of my aircraft and checked that my aircraft is not activated? they told me to fallow everysteps on dji fly app. Ok! İ deleted dji fly and setup again, as they told i need to see “activate my mavic mini” but i never saw it on the secreen. Some permissions to reach gallery etc, some tutarials about controls and flying point than voala, main screen with nothing and the red aircraft not connected notification on the left corner. So i try to pair again from here know what ? Nothing :)

Yesterday i found the us devices are in fcc mode and europe devices are in ec mode which is different wifi frequencies. That make sense to why aircraft and controller doesnt see eachother, so i used fake gps on the phone, teleported my location to huston, and tried to pair, no result still the same ;(

Also İ tried to connect dji assistant 2 and it does not see rc and ac.

İ hope someone can help me before get mad:)))
Hello,
I just joined to try to help you. I had the same issue, I bought it from the US and went back to visit my family in Kuwait. I opened the mavic mini in Kuwait and I had the same connection issue. After three days I was able to solve the issue by updating the RC to firmware 1.00.3000. Also, I have updated the AC before the RC but I still had the connection issue and it was resolved after updating the RC.
I updated it using DJI assistant 2 in my Mac laptop by connecting the AC and RC to the usb port.
After the connection established you will be able to activate it and enjoy using it.

If you have pairing issues, especially after firmware upgrade, try without SD card installed. If that works, format the card with a PC before re-installing.

Hi guys. I've spent my whole Saturday to figure out how I can solve the same issue for my Mavic mini. My device is from US as the lead message. Today I tried to fly but when I tried to connect the device I saw that pairing was lost. both of the drone and RC itself was on initial firmware. Tried to pair by standard procedure(both from DJI fly and physical buttons) but did not worked for my case. Then I jumped to DJI assistant 2 from the Mac. this time I tried hundred times to upgrade the drone by plugging in by usb cable which was provided by DJI but second step of upgrading (called as "transmitting" downloaded firmware) was failed. OMG. then as a last chance I tried to update RC and that one somehow WORKED. at the final position I had updated RC and a drone with initial firmware. tried to set the drone and RC just like we all do regular way. AND IT WORKED. Paired and flew.
You can totally try this. hope it helps.
I just joined this community to share this with you guys.

cheers.

Hi guys. I've spent my whole Saturday to figure out how I can solve the same issue for my Mavic mini. My device is from US as the lead message. Today I tried to fly but when I tried to connect the device I saw that pairing was lost. both of the drone and RC itself was on initial firmware. Tried to pair by standard procedure(both from DJI fly and physical buttons) but did not worked for my case. Then I jumped to DJI assistant 2 from the Mac. this time I tried hundred times to upgrade the drone by plugging in by usb cable which was provided by DJI but second step of upgrading (called as "transmitting" downloaded firmware) was failed. OMG. then as a last chance I tried to update RC and that one somehow WORKED. at the final position I had updated RC and a drone with initial firmware. tried to set the drone and RC just like we all do regular way. AND IT WORKED. Paired and flew.
You can totally try this. hope it helps.
I just joined this community to share this with you guys.

cheers.

Glad you got it working!
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.
Here’s a link to the full, only online, 60 page DdJI manual which might have helped.

I just bought Mini (1) trough eBay and it was delivered on 7. January 2021 in Europe. The controller tries to pair up, but drone does not. I tried several times, but the drone just lights up those 4 little lights for a few seconds no matter how long I press the button. Then someone here mentioned the card. So, I got one and put it inside the drone. Another several tries, but no changes. At the end I took the card out and tried one last time and immediately drone put out some sounds and a big green light at the back of the drone started to blink. After first try the paring was successful and firmware update was offered. I confirmed (I think a red light started flashing on drone) and it was successfully installed. After that the activation was offered and I confirmed. I managed to fly indoors two times, each time for 3 minutes everything works wonderfully. It is night time now (the drone complains about not enough light), so I will continue tomorrow outside.
Not sure if this with the card was a fluke, but I tried like 30 times before without a card no reaction from drone, then several times with the card no reaction, but when I took it out again... it went alive. Maybe this helps someone else, since it is simple to try. With the upgrade I do believe everything is fixed now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98