DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CAN SOME 1 PLS HLEP ME WITH DJI MAVIC PRO

OK ... bit confused now. You say you have the map rectangle at the bottom left corner of the Go 4 screen - yes? I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say "map option on the menu is greyed out".
The map won't show the drone position etc. until the GPS lock is completed. That's when the voice prompt from the controller tells you GPS lock is complete, and the Go 4 app' shows Green at the top-left of the screen with the message 'Ready to Go (GPS)'.
Do you have a GPS lock with everything on and connected? - as you may not get accurate GPS in your house ...???

Again, I apologize for the confusion. I'm sure it's my confusion that's confusing you.
IMG_8855.JPG
I was referring to this:
"If you touch the 3 spots at the top right of the Go 4 screen, you'll open the 'General Settings' menu (which should also have the 3-spots highlighted at the bottom of the icon list).
On that page, there is a 'Map' section, with the first switch being 'Show Flight Route' ... Is that switch on???"

Maybe I should wait until I can get outside and a good GPS lock to verify the switch is set to "on". That switch is greyed out. (Hard to see in the photo but it's not in bold font and can't be switched.)

Ah - I see what you mean now ... The word 'Map' is just the general heading for that section of the settings (just like 'Live Streaming' above that).
However, your 'General Settings' list looks a bit different to mine [??] I have 'Show Flight Route' as a switch between the 'Live Streaming ...' and 'Map' sections. When you first turn Go 4 on, it should set up then show you a blue 'Go Fly' flag ... When you touch that, it takes you to a status page. The first line in this page should let you know if you are on 'Latest Firmware' - or if you need to upgrade to latest. Can you check what software versions you are running please (in General Settings - scroll right to the bottom and open 'About') ... My settings are as follows:
App (that's the Go 4 app' ... 4.3.4)
Aircraft ... 01.04.0500
Remote Controller ... 01.04.0500
Let me know what you are seeing and then we can look at what needs to be done, as It might be that you are on a different Go 4 or DJI software version.

It's strange... I updated the drone/controller and both batteries just 2 days ago and all seemed to go well, yet I'm showing different versions than you. Further, when I click on the "check for update" button it seems to react to my touch but then doesn't offer any update. I think I'll charge all batteries back to full this morning and then attempt today to again do a full update.

Attachments

• IMG_8858.JPG
    IMG_8858.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
Looks like you have the latest DJI Go 4 loaded on your IOS device (latest IOS is 4.3.5 while latest Android is 4.3.4).
You are definitely behind in the Aircraft and controller software however, as these should be 01.04.0500
Make sure you have fully charged batteries in the Mavic and controller, and follow the prompts off the initial page of Go 4 to upgrade the firmware ... If you can't get the firmware done from there, you may need to load 'DJI Assistant 2' on your PC, and do the upgrade via the micro-USB port in the side of the drone. It is best if you can do it via Go 4 because it just does it itself ... You WILL need to get your iPhone connected to the WiFi for that however ... Have a look at this tutorial:
Update Mavic Pro Firmware with DJI Go App Tutorial | Heliguy

I've spent a couple of hours on this today and I'm going to take a break. Go 4 app doesn't call for an update and won't let me do one. DJI Assistant 2 also seems to think the drone is up to date. I did the refresh but it only refreshed as it said it would, and didn't update. And I don't have a usb cable that can connect my computer to the controller so I am basically out of options,and will probably just wait until the app on my Iphone decides when it wants to tell me about the firmware upgrade.

update: It seems I need a USB-C to USB cable to connect the MP2 to my PC so I just ordered one today from Amazon. If one came with the drone, I must have misplaced it. Maybe the direct connection will help?

Attachments

• IMG_8859.JPG
    IMG_8859.JPG
    826.2 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Possible mismatch of aircraft types here. This is the Mavic Pro 1 thread so displays and software codes are not going to tally and will cause confusion.

Possible mismatch of aircraft types here. This is the Mavic Pro 1 thread so displays and software codes are not going to tally and will cause confusion.
Ahhhh - looking back, @lilewis has jumped in at post #17 and due to this being a question about 'DJI MAVIC PRO' - I've assumed that's what he has ...
Thanks for that injection of logic @BossBob
Back to basics then ... @lilewis - What type of DJI drone do you have please???

Last edited:
According to online info, the version 01.00.0200 firmware is for a Mavic Air ... not a Mavic Pro. So that will be the reason we are not seeing the same functions on the controller.

AHA! I'm so sorry.

I have the Mavic 2 Pro but your observation might still apply and I'll definitely be more careful about forum threads/model in the future. FoxhallGH, thank you for your efforts and I apologize to you for making such a basic mistake as walking into the wrong room. I get the weekly summary of forum posts, and in it this thread caught my attention.

OK, I have a question relating to what I just read above. A couple days ago, my wife flew our Mavic Pro just out of sight at around 350 feet or so. As new drone enthusiasts, that makes us very nervous when we can't see the AC. Again, being new, I really didn't want to depend on RTH just yet, although it has always worked fine.
I then noticed red arrow on the map for the first time. In playing with it, I realized that I could simply rotate the AC to point the arrow to the home position and fly it back into sight. Worked Great. BUT:

Now I'm hearing that perhaps that would not have worked if the Samsung tablet was not connected to the internet. The tablet only has WiFi connectivity; it happens that we were flying from our backyard and the tablet was connected to the WiFi router in the house. Am I understanding correctly the the map would have been useless if I had been flying from a field 3 miles from the house? That is, GO 4 would not have shown me where the AC was or the direction home?

Sorry if this is too basic, but it's murder to get these kinds of details from the on-line manual I use. Yes, we are new users with the Mavic Pro.

OK, I have a question relating to what I just read above. A couple days ago, my wife flew our Mavic Pro just out of sight at around 350 feet or so. As new drone enthusiasts, that makes us very nervous when we can't see the AC. Again, being new, I really didn't want to depend on RTH just yet, although it has always worked fine.
I then noticed red arrow on the map for the first time. In playing with it, I realized that I could simply rotate the AC to point the arrow to the home position and fly it back into sight. Worked Great. BUT:

Now I'm hearing that perhaps that would not have worked if the Samsung tablet was not connected to the internet. The tablet only has WiFi connectivity; it happens that we were flying from our backyard and the tablet was connected to the WiFi router in the house. Am I understanding correctly the the map would have been useless if I had been flying from a field 3 miles from the house? That is, GO 4 would not have shown me where the AC was or the direction home?

Sorry if this is too basic, but it's murder to get these kinds of details from the on-line manual I use. Yes, we are new users with the Mavic Pro.
You can load all the maps you need at home, on WiFi, before you go out. You can cache them and they will be available where you fly.

You can load all the maps you need at home, on WiFi, before you go out. You can cache them and they will be available where you fly.
Thank you for the quick response. About downloading maps in advance, is that an option within DJI GO 4? Again, our little PRO is new and we continue to learn new tricks every day.

Cache map in the background is a switch on the general settings page of DJI Go4.
It’s a good idea to read and understand the manual BEFORE you fly the drone that you are so worried about. You don’t need a map. If the drone has reported that it has homepoint and this is the same as the position shown for the controller and the orientations match then everything on the map screen will be relative.

That's what I was hoping would be the case. I don't care if the map itself is dark as long as I can see the AC icon and the home point. As to the reference to the manual, good luck on finding anything as clear, concise, and factual as what you just told me in one long sentence. I've read it at length and I find that I can get more useful information in 5 minutes in these forums than I can in an hour in the manual. Of course, DJI is not alone in this. I also use Canon products, and their manuals make DJI's manuals look wonderful. ;)

And thank you for that concise, factual information. It is appreciated.

Reactions: W2EJ
Thank you for the quick response. About downloading maps in advance, is that an option within DJI GO 4? Again, our little PRO is new and we continue to learn new tricks every day.
It looks like @BossBob answered your question before I got to it. You're going to have so much fun. This Mavic 2 Pro is amazing!

That's what I was hoping would be the case. I don't care if the map itself is dark as long as I can see the AC icon and the home point. As to the reference to the manual, good luck on finding anything as clear, concise, and factual as what you just told me in one long sentence. I've read it at length and I find that I can get more useful information in 5 minutes in these forums than I can in an hour in the manual. Of course, DJI is not alone in this. I also use Canon products, and their manuals make DJI's manuals look wonderful. ;)

And thank you for that concise, factual information. It is appreciated.
I did have 6 months waiting time between ordering my drone at launch in October 2016 until it arrived in April 2017 (DJI couldn’t handle demand) to read and reread all I the information I could find. That sentence is just what I have observed. The position and orientation of the controller and drone on the map is one of the checks I make before flying. If they aren’t relative to actual there is something wrong.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Velmapeterson