DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone explain these numbers to me?

Yes i saw that and it looks great.

Just make sure to stay within that square area you applied for, under the maximum altitude, only within the time specified and always within VLOS.

Good job Dale.
I'll be good. I'll be good. I'll be good.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
So I was trying to fly or see if I could fly in a pink or a blue zone on Air Map. Here is my screen grab.

Can you please explain the blue and the pink colors, and the numbers 300 and 400?View attachment 113011
They are both controlled airspace. I am pretty sure the blue means it will work with the automated LAANC system and red will not, for Airspace Authorizations

"The numbers represent the max altitude one can fly in or around the airspace."

YES and NO.

Yes if you are Part 107 Certified AND get LAANC approval or apply from DroneZone or elsewhere to fly there.

You can get permission to fly above those altitudes or in a space marked 0 but that will not be possible with an app using LAANC.

"The numbers represent the max altitude one can fly in or around the airspace."

YES and NO.

Yes if you are Part 107 Certified AND get LAANC approval or apply from DroneZone or elsewhere to fly there.

You can get permission to fly above those altitudes or in a space marked 0 but that will not be possible with an app using LAANC.
Thank you to ALL who answered. I finally logged on to KittyHawk and got full LAANC permission to fly the desired area and time, even though it was on the edge of the Miami International Airport blue circle. I never went above 65 feet and not more than 250 feet away from my location. Got some really great footage which I will be incorporating into a new video I am now working on.

Yes if you are Part 107 Certified AND get LAANC approval
Yoo do not need to have your Part 107 license in order to get LAANC authorization for controlled airspace. Recreational pilots can do so as well.

Yoo do not need to have your Part 107 license in order to get LAANC authorization for controlled airspace. Recreational pilots can do so as well.
right- I am not 107 and do not need it or intend to get it. I swore that my last examination in med school was going to be the last exam I would ever take. I got the LAANC approval as a recreational pilot easily, even in the shadow of the big Miami International Airport.

Last edited:
As a new pilot, I would like to thank Dale D for the excellent explanation above. Really glad I am part of this forum!
Your comment makes me feel good! You are most welcome. We are all trying to help each other here!

The numbers are attached to the Class B airspace (the airport).

The TFR (for the game) is a 0' altitude limit, as far as I understand it. No take off or landing inside the NFZ, and technically, no flight.

The TFR (temp flight restriction) has been lifted, but there is still a 0' limit over a nearby school.

View attachment 113037View attachment 113038
Exactly... Best answer.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229