DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone please help me

KevMcGin

Reactions
Can anyone please help me recover my drone.

I have uploaded the flight record (I think).

I have been to the last loctaion shown and its nowhere to be found, but if i'm reading the data right it still had 30% battery left while there.

Any help would be brilliant.

Cheers

One more thing to try is, in the Fly app on the opening page there is a menu item "profile". You do not need to be connected to your controller to get there. In that menu there is a "find my drone" feature. Also, in the same area as the "find my drone" selection, to the left (held horizontally) there is a "More>" button. Tap that and it will take you to your "flight data center". In the FDC you can find your flight and it will replay the flight on the map including your setting which might be added help.

Good luck finding your Mini.

Reactions: KevMcGin and rambo1
One more thing to try is, in the Fly app on the opening page there is a menu item "profile". You do not need to be connected to your controller to get there. In that menu there is a "find my drone" feature. Also, in the same area as the "find my drone" selection, to the left (held horizontally) there is a "More>" button. Tap that and it will take you to your "flight data center". In the FDC you can find your flight and it will replay the flight on the map including your setting which might be added help.

Good luck finding your Mini.
Thanks. i've looked at that and the record ends at the point where it shows, but that is when the signal was lost. where its went from there i dont know

If not too much time elapsed since signal loss, you might have gotten signal back if you went to its last known location.
Probably too late now though.

Can you describe what happened?

Unfortunately, No
I have been to the last loctaion shown and its nowhere to be found, but if i'm reading the data right it still had 30% battery left while there.
The last position data recorded shows where the drone was just before it lost signal.
But at the time the drone was 1300 feet up and was not able to hold position in the wind at that altitude and was blowing further away.
On losing signal, it will have initiated RTH and attempted to come home, but had trouble fighting the wind up there.
At some point it will have reached critical low battery level and commenced landing but it's not possible to tell where that will have happened.

Reactions: KevMcGin
I've only got 1 question: how did you fly that high?! At that height, it's anybody's guess where it drifted/landed--especially given the high winds.
My 14 year old son was flying it and must have taken off the height limit

Unfortunately, No

The last position data recorded shows where the drone was just before it lost signal.
But at the time the drone was 1300 feet up and was not able to hold position in the wind at that altitude and was blowing further away.
On losing signal, it will have initiated RTH and attempted to come home, but had trouble fighting the wind up there.
At some point it will have reached critical low battery level and commenced landing but it's not possible to tell where that will have happened.
Do you think it would have definitely landed and not just dropped out of the sky?

Flying at that height is exactly the type of people who make things very difficult for the rest of us to carry out responsible drone flights. If a child was flying it, the blame goes to the parent for allowing that to happen. There are no excuses and if it was your child, you should simply take his flight privileges' away until he is older and understands the responsibility. I don't want to sound like the drone police but it pisses off many of us to see people doing stupid things that have direct repercussions on our freedom of responsible flight.

Last edited:
In that residential area, it’s likely someone picked it up.
.......That is my thought as well. I don't know how the mini is set up but I keep a portion of my business card in my battery compartment as well putting my information on my SD card hoping for the honesty of people should I experience something similar.

WDK

Reactions: KevMcGin and dozzn
You list your age as 37 but say your 14 year old son flew the Mavic Mini 1,238 feet above ground level in a residential area. It was at least 1,393 feet away from its take off point when you lost signal. In most parts of the world that would constitute reckless endangerment and incur liability for criminal proceedings. Hiding behind sub 250g is not a defense and most people on this forum would consider your actions indefensible. Help you find it - I think not.

Cymruflyer said:
Flying at that height is exactly the type of people who make things very difficult for the rest of us to carry out responsible drone flights. If a child was flying it it is the blame goes to the parent for allowing that to happen. There are no excuses and if it was your child, you should simply take his flight privileges' away until he is older and understands the responsibility. I don't want to sound like the drone police but it pisses off many of us to see people doing stupid things that have direct repercussions on our freedom of responsible flight.

KevMcGin said:
Don't be suck a d1ckhead. No-one asked for your opinion.
I asked for some help in finding a drone.

Kev... that may not be the best attitude to gain you friends and people willing to help in finding your drone.

.......That is my thought as well. I don't know how the mini is set up but I keep a portion of my business card in my battery compartment as well putting my information on my SD card hoping for the honesty of people should I experience something similar.

WDK

I have uploaded the flight record (I think).

Any help would be brilliant.

Cheers

I had a quick look at Ireland's regulations regarding drones. While the regulations are fairly lax in comparison to many other jurisdictions, a number of them were broken during your flight. Your lack of concern, apparent in your since deleted reply, is also telling. Good luck.

The only thing is, as you were flying over residential, if you go knocking on neighbours doors or putting flyers out for your lost drone. Be ready for angry residents "Oh it was your drone that landed through my car windscreen"

Reactions: Pautna and dozzn
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+