DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone please help me

Can anyone please help me recover my drone.

I have uploaded the flight record (I think).

I have been to the last loctaion shown and its nowhere to be found, but if i'm reading the data right it still had 30% battery left while there.

Any help would be brilliant.

Cheers

Hi Kevin,
Know the general area, and just checked Belfast weather conditions during the flight. Wind was Southwest, 12 mph at ground level and a temperature of 5-6 degrees centigrade. At 1300 ft, I estimate a wind speed of 28-30 mph gusting to 40 mph, and a temperature of 2-3 degrees centigrade. I don't know much about the characteristics of your particular drone under those conditions, others here will be better qualified to comment, but I guess it was pretty challenging, especially on RTH facing into the wind on a low battery. Given all this, I would concentrate my search east of the Springfield Road, around the Acacia Avenue area. Hope your search is successful, and with a bit of luck, it won't be too long before you're flying again!

Reactions: KevMcGin
Cymruflyer said:
Flying at that height is exactly the type of people who make things very difficult for the rest of us to carry out responsible drone flights. If a child was flying it it is the blame goes to the parent for allowing that to happen. There are no excuses and if it was your child, you should simply take his flight privileges' away until he is older and understands the responsibility. I don't want to sound like the drone police but it pisses off many of us to see people doing stupid things that have direct repercussions on our freedom of responsible flight.

KevMcGin said:
Don't be suck a d1ckhead. No-one asked for your opinion.
I asked for some help in finding a drone.

Kev... that may not be the best attitude to gain you friends and people willing to help in finding your drone.
I never asked anyone for a lecture in parenting. I asked for some help in finding a drone

Hopefully nobody found your drone and moved it from the last recorded location. When I had to find my drone. I use the" find my drone "function then I put it on satellite landscape to get a better image and walk towards the drone which is an arrow logo. I can see my gps location by a blue dot. When I walk past it. It shows that I have gotten further from it. Good luck.

You list your age as 37 but say your 14 year old son flew the Mavic Mini 1,238 feet above ground level in a residential area. It was at least 1,393 feet away from its take off point when you lost signal. In most parts of the world that would constitute reckless endangerment and incur liability for criminal proceedings. Hiding behind sub 250g is not a defense and most people on this forum would consider your actions indefensible. Help you find it - I think not.
I totally agree. There was an obvious error in judgement and lot of us would not like you to have the opportunity to do it again all be it at the cost of a new drone if you choose.

Perhaps, unfortunately but when you post you get expert experience, advice, sometimes a shoulder to cry on but that also comes with our opinions as well.

WDK

Last edited:
Even experienced pilots lose drones. Marking it with name and ph# is a must. Got mine back next day after loss. Sorry for your loss but that flight was a disaster in the making.

FMD is of no use when the last location recorded was with the drone still high up and blowing further away.
It cannot show where the drone ended up.
Not sure why as it had to do an auto land with enough battery power for that. I looked at my video to land in a good spot. Then used the find my drone for the gps location. Sounds like there are other issues

Not sure why as it had to do an auto land with enough battery power for that.
Because as explained in post #6 the Mini would have entered RTH on losing signal, attempted to come home at 1300 ft against a too-strong wind until the battery reached critical low voltage level, at which point it will have commenced autolanding to avoid running the battery out and just falling from height.
Then used the find my drone for the gps location.
But FMD can only show where the drone was when signal was lost - not where the drone ended up.
Sounds like there are other issues
It's pretty simple and straightforward with no hint of "other issues".

Because as explained in post #6 the Mini would have entered RTH on losing signal, attempted to come home at 1300 ft against a too-strong wind until the battery reached critical low voltage level, at which point it will have commenced autolanding to avoid running the battery out and just falling from height.

But FMD can only show where the drone was when signal was lost - not where the drone ended up.

It's pretty simple and straightforward with no hint of "other issues".
Ok. Was thinking this was a Mavic Air 2. Not the Mini.

Thats for sure. When it was windy and the battery was low...Full speed on Sports mode still made it drift further away

Can anyone please help me recover my drone.

I have uploaded the flight record (I think).

I have been to the last loctaion shown and its nowhere to be found, but if i'm reading the data right it still had 30% battery left while there.

Any help would be brilliant.

Cheers

Well Kevin as a person well over twice your age I would suggest that you accept what are very valid criticisms of your flight - it was irresponsible and potentially dangerous and certainly illegal from all points of view -- and certainly is the type of action which the "anti drone" brigade are looking for to discredit drone flying.

I never asked anyone for a lecture in parenting. I asked for some help in finding a drone
It is not a lecture in parenting. We are talking about your own responsibility: you should ensure the flight is within the legal limits.
I hope you find your drone back, but it should also be clear that such accidents contribute to the negative feeling many people have about drones.

Reactions: Tufargon
Hopefully nobody found your drone and moved it from the last recorded location. When I had to find my drone. I use the" find my drone "function then I put it on satellite landscape to get a better image and walk towards the drone which is an arrow logo. I can see my gps location by a blue dot. When I walk past it. It shows that I have gotten further from it. Good luck.
Also check the tree's, as that is where I found it on one occasion. I then hired a guy with a long telescoping pole to knock it out of the tree at about the 35 foot level or so. He also had to lay a coarse through thick thorn bushes, which he did by laying 1 inch thick plywood on top of the thorn bushes, one board at a time. He had the drone out of the tree in about 30 minute. Lessons learned... stay away from trees. LOL

The app could
The app can only make any communication with the outside world if it is within range of mobile phone signal (if suitably equipped) or wifi.
But even then, it is not relaying any data to DJI.
DJI do not know where DJI drones are and don't have access to your flight data (unless you upload to their server).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078