DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can someone read my flight records and tell me why my drone crashed?

Check out your TXT flight log to see if it explains what happened. You can upload and view it online here. If you'd like other people to review and comment on your flight log, then please post a link back here after you upload it.

Reactions: Bunny Too
Looks like it had descended to about 30 meters then ... ?

Your flight log shows a "motor obstructed" error message at 5m 34.5s. Also, it shows your Mavic was spinning in a circle as it was descending.

Were all of the props attached when you retrieved your Mavic?

Here it is after the crash in the back of my car. Yes all attached!

Attachments

• photo_2017-11-14_11-23-20.jpg
    photo_2017-11-14_11-23-20.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 484
Please upload your DAT flight log to dropbox.com and post a link back here. It'll contain additional details that'll explain what happened. If needed, you can find instructions for retrieving the DAT file here.

Reactions: WAXMAN
Your flight log shows a "motor obstructed" error message at 5m 34.5s. Also, it shows your Mavic was spinning in a circle as it was descending.

Were all of the props attached when you retrieved your Mavic?
Oh wise and learned msinger, how could you tell it was spinning when it decended?

Reactions: rfc
I am reading this correctly.... the rotation/spinning starter at 5m 32.3 seconds... the rapid decent started right after that point... dropping from 280 feet to 26 feet (last report) in about 10 seconds.

I also noticed at 1M 45s the following message

"Motor Current Error. Check your propellers and fly with caution."

I am new to this but this might be concerning to me.

Reactions: Qoncussion
Oh wise and learned msinger, how could you tell it was spinning when it decended?
Yeah I wanna know too - am I missing something when I look at the flight log link?
It looks like the bird made it back to the landing point and was descending when the data just stops about 90 ft off the ground. Surely it would log that last 90 feet falling if it still had power.
The motor current error was almost halfway out on the return.
Not arguing - just trying to learn how to read these...

Reactions: JMMY and Bunny Too
Did you by chance accidentally strike any folage or similar in this flight or recently? I only ask as its easy to get some wrapped around the motor which could create drag and worry the drone. See if the motors all spin as easily as each other maybe one of them had issues.

I am only new myself, just making guesses from the aftermath of a drone i recently crashed.

I know 90 feet is high, but i really wouldnt have expected all of the wings to snap like that from impact. To me, a graduate of my own university, id expect to see significant damage to a single side not everywhere. Which again to me makes me think there was some serious spin as that drone fell, not just a drop (which would result in a pretty well oriented fall as the main drag would come from the top of the drone, the props and wings).

So i would imagine such damage would happen if a motor failed and the drone was still powering the others.

This .DAT came from the tablet, not the Mavic itself. If you want to look at motor data like current, speed, commanded, etc. there are two choices.
1) Retrieve the .DAT from the Mavic as @msinger requested by using these instructions
How to retrieve a V3 .DAT File
This will provide the best data

2. There is another .DAT on your tablet with the name 2017-11-09-XX-XX-XX_FLY030.DAT that you will need to retrieve like the first .DAT. For whatever reason FLY030 was split and you provided the second part. We need the first part. This option may not provide the data we need because recording these tablet .DATs requires a good connection.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
james7