DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can the sensors be switched off??

MaxHam

Reactions
Does anyone know if the M3 sensors can be switched off in DJI FLY? Cant find that.
It's almost impossible to fly the M3 in a tight environment with obstacles close. It shakes and jumps like crazy. Also real bad is what is called in DJI Go4 "Landing Protection". That is active on the M3. It delays manual landing and makes hand catching almost impossible.

Reactions: roger boivin
What happens if you touch the OA icon at the top of the screen?
Does it create/open a drop down menu?
(I ask because with Go4 and the M2P/Z the icon is a shortcut to the OA menu).

What happens if you touch the OA icon at the top of the screen?
Does it create/open a drop down menu?
(I ask because with Go4 and the M2P/Z the icon is a shortcut to the OA menu).
It opens a drop down menu. It gives several options, all in RED. Nothing happens when I click on it.

I just hope that with the announced big January update DJI Fly will get more functions.
The Mavic 3 is a big step forward but DJI Fly is a big step backward compared to Go4.
That app is aimed at people who don't want to think much but get this thing flying.

Switching to sports mode in order to deactivate the sensors - I guess this also deactivates what is called in Go4 "Downward Positioning System". And this is needed when flying inside without GPS.

I can fly my M2P from the toilet to the attic without a problem (not that there is any need to ;-)
The M3 I don't want to fly inside a building yet.

Posted this in another thread the other day:

You can turn it off from the Safety screen on your controller settings. OA (Obstacle Avoidance) Action has 3 options... Bypass, Brake, or Off. You can make this change in all 3 modes. As someone else mentioned, it is turned off automatically in sport mode.

Reactions: bkushner
Switching to sports mode in order to deactivate the sensors - I guess this also deactivates what is called in Go4 "Downward Positioning System". And this is needed when flying inside without GPS.
My M2Z flies perfectly well in sports mode, indoors and the downward looking sensors work.

Thanks guys.
I was expecting to get access to vision sensors settings once I click on the icon on top of the screen. Like in Go4. But it is just a status field.

The worst is that 'Landing Protection' is always on, even in Sportsmode.
That makes handcatching uncomfortable.
I have to sneak in with the hand from behind, close to the props.
Then I need to catch her by surprise and she starts screaming trying to escape.

Screen-014.jpgScreen-013.jpg

If it behaves in the same way as a mavic mini, a mini 2 and the mavic 2 zoom etc. bring it over your hand at about 3 or 4 ft above your hand, then close the throttle.
The drone will descend until it is around 18" above your hand. When it detects your hand it may pause momentarily and maybe even climb an inch or two BUT if you keep the throttle closed the drone will start to descend again and land in your hand. No sneaking needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks - I actually just figured it. It needs a few seconds of patience.
It's like with a dog who is afraid of your hand in the first moments ;-)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7