DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can video files on drone sd card be moved to android 8 pad?

Wade Gizzy

Reactions
Ok, I read somewhere on this forum, it's best not to have lower quality video files simultaneously added to your device while recording video to the sd card on the drone. Something about "overloading the system" (at least that's how I interpreted it).

I have a cottage on an island on the Georgian Bay of Lake Huron......Isolated! I have a Huawei M5 4gb/64gb 8.4" pad. I was hoping I could go out and get some video, come back to the cottage, download it to the pad, edit it, and save the edited portions to a thumb drive.

I have learned to use Litchi Waypoints on my Mavic Pro, and I am anxious to start using it at my cottage in a 3-4 months. I am going thru the process now down here in Pennsylvania before heading north, so there will be no learning curve while there, just go out and get some video that I can be proud of!

I searched google, youtube, and this forum for ways to load sd card files to the pad. BUPKIS! NOTHING! All I have found was to transfer sd card files to a PC, then from the PC to the pad. However, that seems to be counter intuitive. I was hoping to bypass usage of a PC while in the "hinterlands", then again for what I have spent, what is $300-400 more for a basic PC. All I am looking to do is do some basic editing on the DJI editing software, and also possibly Adobe premiere!

So............can I load sd card files to the Huawei M5 pad, edit it with DJI editing software, then save it to a thumbdrive?

Am I going to have to buy a basic $300 refurbished 3ghz 8gb ram 1TB hard drive windows 10 dell pc from walmart and leave it at the cottage to accomplish my goals?

In my opinion you would probably need a very powerful tablet to accomplish your goals.

Video editing is a very processor intensive and memory hungry beast lol. So I would say you would be better served by a desktop solution, like the windows 10 PC you have mentioned.

Then its just about getting the right software for the job!

Edit: You might also want to consider getting a PC with more than 8gb of RAM. Especially if shooting and editing 4K video. Just a thought.

A good PC with a fast processor and fast graphics card will make things easier, but since you already own the tablet you might as well experiment with it first to see if it will do what you want it to do.

This will partially depend on how you shoot video. 4K will require much faster hardware, but your tablet has a reasonably fast eight-core processor. (I edit 4K video on an iPad Pro with no problem whatsoever, so it's not like it's impossible.) Editing 1080p video will be easy.

You can transfer video from the microSD card to the DJI Go 4 app wirelessly by connecting the drone to your tablet/DJI Go 4 via Wi-Fi. Find the video thumbnail in the DJI Go 4 editor and there should be a button to download the full resolution file. This will take awhile.

You can also use an SD card reader that you connect to your tablet's USB-C port. Something like this should work: https://www.amazon.com/MicroSD-Thun...48625845&sr=8-9&keywords=sd+card+reader+usb-c

Reactions: Point Zero
There's no issue in and of itself of having the good videos recorded on the AC's SD card and the cache video, both on your mobile device, as long as you don't fill up the device's storage.

A good PC with a fast processor and fast graphics card will make things easier, but since you already own the tablet you might as well experiment with it first to see if it will do what you want it to do.

This will partially depend on how you shoot video. 4K will require much faster hardware, but your tablet has a reasonably fast eight-core processor. (I edit 4K video on an iPad Pro with no problem whatsoever, so it's not like it's impossible.) Editing 1080p video will be easy.

You can transfer video from the microSD card to the DJI Go 4 app wirelessly by connecting the drone to your tablet/DJI Go 4 via Wi-Fi. Find the video thumbnail in the DJI Go 4 editor and there should be a button to download the full resolution file. This will take awhile.

You can also use an SD card reader that you connect to your tablet's USB-C port. Something like this should work: https://www.amazon.com/MicroSD-Thun...48625845&sr=8-9&keywords=sd+card+reader+usb-c

I tried the card reader, it wasn't recognized.

Instead of buying a computer for the cottage, I'll just review the video directly from the drone on my pad, and do the bulk of my editing on my computer at home.

I am a hobbyist. I can't tell the difference between 2.7 and 4K. I'll shoot in 2.7K.

I will play with my pad and the DJI Go 4 editing software, and see how it goes!

If I need anything "more sophisticated" I'll bring the sd cards home and fool around with them on Adobe Premier Elements 2018. I am assuming it is a more "powerful and versatile" program than the DJI Go 4 editing app.

You don't have to use Go's editor to edit the video. You can use it to transfer the video from your SD card wirelessly, then export the video to your tablet's storage and edit in whatever program you want to use.

Thanks to all of you who contributed to this thread. I will proceed with the various suggestions made.

Reactions: mereflyer
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tstr14