DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you disable the flashing status light on the mavic

Opfor

Reactions
Curious to know if and where you can disable the flashing status light on the rear of the mavic? I really don't need it would prefer to have all the power spent towards flight.

You cannot disable the rear lights. Even if you could disable them, you likely wouldn't notice a difference since they don't use much power.

Reactions: Opfor
There was a thread showing how someone was easily able to rip the leds from the rear bottom circuit board with his thumb nail. obviously it was permanent. I will try to find it.

Thanks but I'm not exactly ready to do something this extreme, was just hoping there was a setting somewhere that I was overlooking.

I understand, as it is damaging and permanent. I just remember reading a thread where the guy said it was surprisingly easy to remove them with thumbnail, he was using it for long range night flying.. yeah, it was too far for me. I have used 2 layers of blue painters tape , and it knocked the rear light down to about 90% just for testing.

I thought about trying black electrical tape, just not sure how well it will stay.

That would work, use 2 or 3 layers then Once you get the light completely covered, a very little bit can still be seen through the left and right vents, when its completely dark.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aw.mydrone