DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you film straight down?

mnpaslay

Reactions
Noticed similar to another post that if I fly forward with camera straight down eventually the camera jumps from 90 to maybe 77-80 percent. I am thinking that it is software issue and happens to all mavic minis...hoping other pilots can confirm.

How to test:
Put camera straight down, 90
Fly forward and stop, repeat forward and stop several times... seems like I can recreate it after 5-8 tries.

This occurred on both firmwares including the latest...

Just curios but are you flying fast forward when you just stop then restart.

i saw at mine yesterday, on a violent brake in reverse the camera moved down and did not recover its position, i had to move it manualy again

indeed i was on the field, but do you observe a white point on the ground, there where it is the shadow of the drone when the sun is behind?

i did...when the sun is behind the drone and the drone is 1-2m altitude, the shadow is present on the ground....when i go up the shadow dissapears and it is present a white point on the ground

i did...when the sun is behind the drone and the drone is 1-2m altitude, the shadow is present on the ground....when i go up the shadow dissapears and it is present a white point on the ground
Does it persist if you go above 2m and the visual system function is replaced by GPS?

Reactions: WooZie
i am not an expert in photo video, but please take a look at my movie, it appears just at the beggining

Didn’t see it in all video directions... wondering it it’s a reflection of some sort or something on the lens/lens defect.

it is only where the shadow is, practically replace the shadow....could be a reflection of the sun? Like a mirror? On the lens is nothing, the drone is new, was replaced if you remember at that crash one month ago

it is only where the shadow is, practically replace the shadow....could be a reflection of the sun? Like a mirror? On the lens is nothing, the drone is new, was replaced if you remember at that crash one month ago
Small lens defect, even inside surface could do it. Even a new drone, or a refurb could have one.

ok, i can understand that, but why exactly on the shadow? And why not when i turn to the left or right? if is a lens with a problem, i think to have this white point everywhere, in all directions, am i right? I repeat, the sun is behind, so, no reflection in the lens

ok, i can understand that, but why exactly on the shadow? And why not when i turn to the left or right? if is a lens with a problem, i think to have this white point everywhere, in all directions, am i right? I repeat, the sun is behind, so, no reflection in the lens
I’d recommend contacting DJI and see if they can remedy/replace.

Pretty sure it's some sort of reflection ... and the shadow at the exact same place actually confirms that. Only can't figure out what is causing it as the spot (the lens) is exactly the opposite direction of the sun. Light entering into the lens package from behind through the lens housing ..?

:))) how could enter in the gimbal? I hope you joke....it is a reflection like a mirror on the sun, but the drone is matte, non reflective....strange, that white point is even on the trees when i turn back the drone, and when i landing it approach and it repalce with the shadow again :)

:))) how could enter in the gimbal? I hope you joke....it is a reflection like a mirror on the sun, but the drone is matte, non reflective....strange, that white point is even on the trees when i turn back the drone, and when i landing it approach and it repalce with the shadow again :)
Pixel sticking? Not unheard of.

Admit it's a long shoot but can't see anything that could give reflections into the lens just when it's 180 degrees away from the sun ... no reflective objects on the ground or anything else that can throw light in from the front. Don't know how the camera lens is designed but if somehow light could in small amount enter from the rear, a light leak (it's defective then of course) ... & I can't see any mist in the clip as hinted in earlier post.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229