DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you leave the RC cable connected when RC folded away in bag?

Drony_Drone

Reactions
The cable for the RC connection to your phone, can this be left connected to the RC when you fold away the RC, disconnecting the sticks, and put into the fly more bag?

I’ve heard the socket is a little fragile and wondering if you can leave it connected all the time as I’ll be using the same phone.

Thanks

I probably wouldn't do it, but that's just my opinion. Why take the chance screwing up the port and creating a problem?

Reactions: hiflyer201
I probably wouldn't do it, but that's just my opinion. Why take the chance screwing up the port and creating a problem?

Not sure if it could or couldn’t that’s all, if it squashes it in then I agree I wouldn’t.

Not sure if it was built to be left in or not. Maybe it should be designed so you can leave it in and get less stress/wear on the port?

I always leave the R.C. cable connected. I think it’s better keeping it on than connect it every time you flight. The combo box fits perfect, but I usually use a shoulder photo bag.I also let the sticks attached.
404A3ED4-3A2C-4AC0-8E04-F4210955BE34.jpeg03C3B7F2-0AC8-4E65-AD8D-C79CAC3853B9.jpeg

Hi,
I left it connected too.

And i'm looking for a micro-usb femal/femal (i use an android phone) in order to charge the RC without un-plugging the RC cable.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I use the fly more case and always leave it connected. The moulding inside the case has a cutaway to accommodate the connector and there are slots/cutaway in the controller for the cable and plug on the phone end to be tucked into.

I use the fly more case and always leave it connected. The moulding inside the case has a cutaway to accommodate the connector and there are slots/cutaway in the controller for the cable and plug on the phone end to be tucked into.

I always leave mine connected, and store in the flymore combo case. Fits comfortably. So far, no issues.

That’s good, it would make sense to do that to prevent damage as it’s not that often you change phones really.

Thanks

The cable for the RC connection to your phone, can this be left connected to the RC when you fold away the RC, disconnecting the sticks, and put into the fly more bag?

I’ve heard the socket is a little fragile and wondering if you can leave it connected all the time as I’ll be using the same phone.

Thanks
How would you charge it ?

Reactions: DanMan32
I always assumed you were meant to leave it tucked into the controller. It definitely fits perfectly in the fly more case without any stress on the cable or port.

iewnhOS.jpg

Reactions: Drony_Drone
They've always been left connected, even since the original Mavic Pro which is going on 3+ years strong now. I wouldnt worry about it.

What you'd need to be concerned with is which way you insert the cable when charging, may be worth putting a mark (sharpie or white marker) on your charge cable so you know which side is up and you don't insert it the wrong way. Thats what breaks them.

Reactions: Drony_Drone
After seeing the pictures, I would probably leave mine connected as well. Of course I use a SC, so it's not an issue for me. But in this instance with the standard RC, it might actually be less wear and tear on both the cable and the port to just leave it connected. Not to mention one less thing to do when you are ready to fly.

After seeing the pictures, I would probably leave mine connected as well. Of course I use a SC, so it's not an issue for me. But in this instance with the standard RC, it might actually be less wear and tear on both the cable and the port to just leave it connected. Not to mention one less thing to do when you are ready to fly.

Yeh think it’s a good idea and also about marking up for which way up. Why they don’t do this as standard anyway from factory.

Didn’t know the smart controller (if that’s what you mean) worked with the MM.

The micro USB form factor is type A, which is the operation mode when using it to connect to your phone. Type A mode is more commonly known as OTG when referenced with a phone/tablet. The included short cables put the port in mode A/OTG. It may be possible to charge the RC in this node, but the RC would be pushing power out in this mode so I don't recommend it.

Many of us prefer using the bottom port for connecting to our phones/tablets and leaving the side port only for charging and updating firmware.

I leave mine connected. The Flight more Combo case has it's form adapted to it. Like subcon959 pointed out. Why reinvent the wheel?

Picture says it all.

Thanks

Attachments

• MC OTG.jpg
    MC OTG.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 17
Reactions: Sunscreen
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members