DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you leave the RC cable connected when RC folded away in bag?

I always leave the usb-lightening cable plugged into the mavic mini controller. I use this cable to plug into the male end of the lightening cable & the usb into the dji supplied plug.

TechMatte Flexible (Male to Female) Charging Cable for Apple Pencil (.9 Meters, White) TechMatte Flexible (Male to Female) Charging Cable for Apple Pencil (.9 Meters, White): Amazon.ca: Electronics
Do you have the fly more case and fits fine in there, with cable attached?

Exactly what would be looking for thanks. So you can leave the cable attached to the controller and the. When want to charge you can just use this cable?

I’ll try and find one on Amazon UK.

Last edited:
Do you have the fly more case and fits fine in there, with cable attached?

Exactly what would be looking for thanks. So you can leave the cable attached to the controller and the. When want to charge you can just use this cable?

I’ll try and find one on Amazon UK.
I do own the fly more case & the controller fits perfectly with cable permanently attached. I’m glad I could help

Reactions: Drony_Drone
But the MM controller doesn't have a bottom port?
True. Those posting about other models derailed me from realizing this thread was under the Mini forum.

But then the question becomes: how would you charge the RC without detaching the cable used to connect to the phone/tablet? The charge cables and cables to use with the phone/tablet are wired differently.

Reactions: Bbarr
True. Those posting about other models derailed me from realizing this thread was under the Mini forum.

But then the question becomes: how would you charge the RC without detaching the cable used to connect to the phone/tablet? The charge cables and cables to use with the phone/tablet are wired differently.

See above. If a lightning cable, there is a female lightning to USB-A to allow to plug into DJI charger. This means never need to unplug it from the RC.

I’d imagine there is same for USB-C and MicroUSB as well.

I leave it also connected and "store" it inside the bracket. I have a set of connectors and cables that let me connect the microUSB (Android phone) to a "normal" USB for charging, or use a second cable (microUSB F to microUSB M) to extend for connecting to the tablet. In another post somewhere in this forum I even read about glueing the connector to the RC bcause of its fragility. Have not done that though (yet?)

See the pictures.
I leave it also connected and "store" it inside the bracket. I have a set of connectors and cables that let me connect the microUSB (Android phone) to a "normal" USB for charging, or use a second cable (microUSB F to microUSB M) to extend for connecting to the tablet. In another post somewhere in this forum I even read about glueing the connector to the RC bcause of its fragility. Have not done that though (yet?)

Attachments

• MC OTG.jpg
    MC OTG.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 10
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Reactions: mullern88
I’ve just received an Apple Pencil charge cable which has both male and female connectors. So, I can charge the RC without unplugging the cable from the RC. Might also be able to charge my iPad or iPhone at the same time.

0FF2DE9E-C52D-4A00-9F76-C169ECDCB7EC.jpeg
489EB514-BA53-4249-B62D-5A9DCF287E6C.jpeg
5E28A74C-58BA-4311-A40E-A33D6F122392.jpeg

Reactions: Sunscreen
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure