DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you rename your drone?

BRDVPRA

Reactions
I am trying to figure out how to rename my drone so the name appears on the flight record in DJI Go4. Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: calmar81
Thanks for asking!
Had the same question some time ago, how to rename / reorder the drones in the DJI Go 4 App.

Hello, I've renamed my Mavic Air, however in the Flight Records tab of DJI GO 4 app there is still the old name. How can I fix this?

Don't think you can. Future records will appear as new name but any existing ones stay as they are.

Don't think you can. Future records will appear as new name but any existing ones stay as they are.
Thank you for your answer, Kilrah. I've already done new flights with the new named drone, however they are added to the old named flight log. If I look for the drone name in the DJI app, I see the new one, so I'm sure it has saved the new one.
I'm going to do a test: clear all logs from the app and try to fly. It should be recorded with the new name. Then, I'll try to sync again, to have all my logs together.
I'll let you know if this solve my issue.

Hi everybody,

I've done some test and I'd like to share with you my results.
My objective was to change the name of the drone on the top of the Flight Records window on the DJI GO4 app, since simply changing the name of the drone didn't affect it in any way.
It seems to me that the name shown on the Flight Records window is tied to the very first log you have cached on your DJI GO4 app, and lastly on the DJI cloud account.
So, there are two ways to do it, one is temporarily in the way that if you sync again data from the cloud, your drone's name will be turned back to the very first one. The second one is permanent, but you'll lose all data tied to the old name.
First way: clear all cached logs from your DJI GO 4 app and do a flight with the new named drone. The log you'll obtain will show the new name of the drone on the top of the Flight Records window. If you'll sync the app to the data cached on the cloud, you'll see the old name, instead of the new one, since the very first flight log will be retrieved from the cloud.
Second way: swipe all logs tied to wrong drone's names to the left and tap on the trash bin icon. You'll lose the flight log, but if you'll sync your flight data, the name of the drone will remain the new one.
Just to be clear, you won't lose your personal stats data, such as flight time, pilot level, maximum distance reached with your drones, etc. but only flight logs tied to a specific drone's name.
I hope that this could help other pilots that want to change their drone's name and see it on the Flight Records window.

Have a great Saturday, and fly safe.

Right. I renamed both my drones (bought them used) and the new logs were still showing up as the old names. I'll try to clear the cache and see if that works. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov