DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can you take photos while videoing?

DrDick

Reactions
Hi all...

Using Mavic Pro, DJI Go 4 app

I want to take photos while videoing at the same time. I have not been able to figure out if it can be done. So far I can either take a photo, OR shoot video, but not both at the same time. I'd like to be able to video my entire flight and take photos while doing so without stoping the video recording. Can it be done? If so, how???

No go on that.
I do use nd filters that slow shutter, and this really doesn’t lend itself to stills anyway.
What it does do though is take very nice video that you can pause and full screenshot to save on paint etc as pretty nice jpgs.

[QUOTE="... take very nice video that you can pause and full screenshot to save on paint etc as pretty nice jpgs.[/QUOTE]

I've been doing that but then my photo resolution is limited to the size of my screen, which in my case is on a 13 inch laptop.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro and there is an option in it to capture images from a still frames. Using 4k video, I get pretty decent pictures from the video. I am sure there is other editing software out there that does the same thing.

I use Adobe Premiere Pro and there is an option in it to capture images from a still frames. Using 4k video, I get pretty decent pictures from the video. I am sure there is other editing software out there that does the same thing.

The same does work in Final Cut Pro, sometimes I actually prefer the quality of the ‘captured 4K frames’ instead of the shots taken in photo mode while flying. [emoji16]

Using Mavic Pro, DJI Go 4 app
I want to take photos while videoing at the same time. I have not been able to figure out if it can be done.
There are very few cameras that can record a still while videoing.
It would require much more processing power than the Mavic has.

If you try shooting stills while videoing, all you get are frame grabs, the same as you can get on your computer.
Frame grabs are lower resolution and nowhere near as good as real stills.
If you want good stills, you need to shoot stills.

I use Cyberlink power DVD. I play the video, when I see a frame I like I just pause the video and grab the frame. The quality is quite good.

You can pull single frames using Davinci Resolve 15. Not as good as photos taken as individual shots but OK.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zenbookwriting