DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canada Drone News

Allowing only a 90m height and 75m minimum over buildings or roads ECT gives just a narrow window 15m to fly within, this allows more confusion for the uav pilot and potentially more hazardous towards what the FAA are trying to protect....this does not make sense

Note: It's 90m AGL, and 75m lateral distance from buildings/vehicles/people. Not Height.

So for example, if you drone is hovering over the spot on the ground at point A, and a building is only 50m from point A (distance on the ground) then you're in violation. Regardless of the altitude you're hovering at.

Hovering at 80m above a person does not make it legal. because you're still in violation (if you're directly over them it's 0m lateral distance, which is well within the 75m restriction).

Someone else put it well in saying that all people, animals, vehicles, and buildings are now essentially ambulatory NFZ with radius of 75m (with the exception of buildings, which aren't ambulatory, though you never know lol...)

DJI just released this - NODE (Network Of Drone Enthusiasts). They plan on fighting these harsh regulations and need your help!!! See here: Introducing NODE, a Drone Pilots Advocacy Group

This is FANTASTIC news! I emailed DJI when the new rules were announced, and I suspect I wasn't the only one (not to mention I'm sure an organization of their size maintains lobby groups in their main markets, and watches this type of news).

I'm signing up for this right now, and hopefully many others do too. This group has the potential to give us the same kind of voice to the Canadian Government that MAAC obviously has (as is indicated by their blanket exemption from the new rules).

Way to go DJI!

Yeah I just got that email too.

DJI has more to loose then we do. Seems only obvious they would step up like this. Seems promising

Note: It's 90m AGL, and 75m lateral distance from buildings/vehicles/people. Not Height.

So for example, if you drone is hovering over the spot on the ground at point A, and a building is only 50m from point A (distance on the ground) then you're in violation. Regardless of the altitude you're hovering at.

Hovering at 80m above a person does not make it legal. because you're still in violation (if you're directly over them it's 0m lateral distance, which is well within the 75m restriction).

Someone else put it well in saying that all people, animals, vehicles, and buildings are now essentially ambulatory NFZ with radius of 75m (with the exception of buildings, which aren't ambulatory, though you never know lol...)
Thanks for the clarification, admittedly I was browsing through the regulations, seems like the regulations are getting more and more strict which is understandable, however I do feel the more complex it becomes the less people there will be flying

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan