DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canada Flight Review - To ATTI or Not to ATTI

jonesFoto

Reactions
I have a question about a pending Flight Review I'm about to do with a Mavic 2 Pro: I understand that there is a "Manual" operation required, and this would be achieved by putting the RPAS into ATTI or Attitude mode. However, there is also a CAR rule that says the aircraft may not be modified in any way that would alter the design approved by Transport Canada for safety. This appears to be a classic Catch-22. If I do the mod that allows ATTI mode on a Mavic, I alter the aircraft in a way that takes it off the Approved list! Help!!

Are you sure of your interpretation of the rule? You aren’t modifying the drone, just putting in selection already preloaded by the manufacturer.

Absolutely, the selection is available, as long as you have access to the V1.1.2 Assistant in which DJI inadvertently (I assume) left in the developer panel. So it seems a bit unclear to me that this is a “selection” available to all users of the aircraft. But yeah, I take your point: it is a characteristic of the aircraft, including firmware, that Transport Canada certified.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy