DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Canadian Government guide to both Basic & Advanced Drone Pilot Certification - What you need to know

Northern_Bob

Reactions
Moderators please make this post a “sticky”.

I have found an in-depth outline created by the government which covers areas prospective sUAV pilots need to study before taking either the Basic or the Advanced certification exams.

As the URL points to a multi page, in depth document I will not copy/paste it. Go visit the link and prepare for some intense studying.

<Knowledge Requirements for Pilots of Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems 250 g up to and including 25 kg, Operating within Visual Line-of-Sight (VLOS) (TP 15263) - Transport Canada>

Bob M.

Good resource! I recently took the "Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems–Basic Operations" exam and some of the questions were pretty obscure. The more study guide resources, the better.

Canada's new rules for drone pilots go into effect in just 3 months (June 1, 2019), so it's a good idea for all drone pilots in Canada to study for and take at least the basic exam as soon as possible. June will be here before you know it.

I’m in the middle of a refresher ground school course which is very helpful as it’s fleshing out some key areas of study. Overall, I would think the advanced test will be relatively much more difficult than the G1 for drivers. Maybe the same goes for basic. We shall see.

If your not a Canadian citizen, beware the Guidelines don't mention FOREIGN RESIDENT ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER A DRONE IN CANADA. IF YOUR A FOREIGN RESIDENT AND WISH TO OPERATE A DRONE IN CANADA, YOU MUST APPLY FOR A SPECIAL FLIGHT OPERATION CERTIFICATE.

1551658239388.png

Non-Canadian citizens don't find out about this posting above until you go into the above site and try to register a drone to get a registration # required this June.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dseyna