DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cancel low battery warning sound

Pressing the power button mutes a remote controller low battery warning (and the RTH beeping). Not the low battery alert for the drone battery.

That's strange. A low remote battery I could understand not being mutable, because you should never allow it to get that low anyways, but that beep while flying the drone back for a landing is really annoying. Especially during night operations.

Since everybody should be monitoring their battery levels closely during flight anyway, simply set your low battery alarm to 18% and be safe on deck at 20%.
No more 'annoying' battery alarm!

It really is that simple unless you are one of those pillocks that flies to critical battery all the time or out BVLOS and cuts it fine to return to take off point just because you think it's cool and gives an adrenaline rush :rolleyes:

Since everybody should be monitoring their battery levels closely during flight anyway, simply set your low battery alarm to 18% and be safe on deck at 20%.
No more 'annoying' battery alarm!

It really is that simple unless you are one of those pillocks that flies to critical battery all the time or out BVLOS and cuts it fine to return to take off point just because you think it's cool and gives an adrenaline rush :rolleyes:

Sure, but sometimes you just have to get that last shot, and you know you have enough battery to do it safely since you're close, but that's not the time to start changing settings, so you have to endure the warning for a minute or two until you land still with a safe level, just a bit less than usual. I still want my warning at 24% since I want to be landed by then and usually am.

I quite like all the warning beeps. Makes me feel like a rebel flying with as many of the active as possible.

Lots of red and yellow on the screen too ?

From a new drone pilot perspective, like I now have performed 2 flights, the warning beeps are a little distracting. Would like to turn it off after a few sounds.

Reactions: RogerMav
I agree it is very annoying, and has a tendency to make pilots reduce their battery warning levels to lower settings - which causes increase risk. It would be good to have a way of shutting it up or reducing it's volume. It is very loud, and attracts loads of unwanted attention.

Reactions: joeywestside
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute