DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot calibrate remote control

I can't complete the calibration and I am having issues with my remote not correctly inputting my controls. I am in mode 2. It will only yaw to the right with either input right or left and will only go down with either input up or down. It will only fly backwards with either forward or backwards input and only fly right with either left or right input.

Here's a video of what happens, the real mavic flies the same as the simulator.

Dropbox - Mvi 8374-1.mp4

I can't complete the calibration and I am having issues with my remote not correctly inputting my controls. I am in mode 2. It will only yaw to the right with either input right or left and will only go down with either input up or down. It will only fly backwards with either forward or backwards input and only fly right with either left or right input.

Here's a video of what happens, the real mavic flies the same as the simulator.

Dropbox - Mvi 8374-1.mp4

Did you get this fixed? Mine just started doing the STICK ERROR, RE-CTR stick issue today out of the blue. I try and calibrate, the right stick I can get to go around the box but the left stick is completely unresponsive. I've searched high and low for help, but can't find much. There's no magnetic interference anywhere and it was working perfectly fine the other day.

Yes, it's all working again. All they did was do the calibration until they managed to actually get through the whole process.

Hi everybody. I have the following issue. When i start the rc calibration and the stick are in center the left stick shows 12 from the right side. That means that the center is moved to the right. I m doing the calibration and says that calibration is finished. Is it ok???

Last edited:
Yes, it's all working again. All they did was do the calibration until they managed to actually get through the whole process.
I have the same issue with no upward output of controller, upward movement on tricks makes it go down, same on horizontal, both left and right stick movements produce only right movements. How did you solve this?

Unfortunately you just have to plug away at it until it finally works. I've done it once out of curiosity and hope I never have to do it out of necessity.

Make sure the sticks are not moved when stored. So they have to be clear and free in the bag/box or have stick protectors in place.

I have the same issue with no upward output of controller, upward movement on tricks makes it go down, same on horizontal, both left and right stick movements produce only right movements. How did you solve this?

Had to send in the controller. Took about 3-4 weeks. Was brutal without it. But had to.

I managed to fix mine by tinkering with it, eventually it went back to normal and is okay for now, had to try and reset controller, not sure if managed it, then playing around with doing the calibration again and turning rc and aircraft on and off at different times I managed to get it to calibrate and stick behaviours returned to normal, it is glitchy firmware yet again I think, it let me calibrate with the aircraft on some of the time and others not, and during the calibration of rc e stick outputs on the boxes jumped around a few times. The more I use my mavic the less polished it seems, the more glitches I see and have to solve, dji really need to perfect the firmware over the next few upgrades,,,! I hope they are listening to all their customers and viewing all the many many different issues that people are experiencing with their mavic, mostly through no fault of their own!!!!!! Rant over

Actually no rant not over, they have pissed me off. It really shouldnt let you calibrate controllers when aircraft is powered on but it did for me, and playing around with that behaviour is basically what seemed to change beahviour to let me get a normal calibration done and return the stick behaviours to normal. Glitchy as hell this mavic, had so many different things to try and solve since had it, its always okay for a bit then something else comes along, solved them all so far but its effort and annoying. Djis firmware seems to do more harm than good. And all they say is send the thing back then you don't see it for months and they send you a completely different unit. Not sending my mavic to dji unless I've tried every other option and really given up. Sending drones back is not the answer to solve many of these issues so it seems... Most of the problems appear to be firmware related!!!!! Sort out the firmware please dji, for the love of god please do it as a priority!!! Your mavic firmware is letting you down!!!! Wayyyyyy too buggy. Grrrrrr lol

As mentioned before, I tried and failed to re calibrate so I decided to send it back for repair, but all they did was keep on re calibrating until it worked.

Yeah that's basically all I did just kept turning aircraft on and off aswell and it was letting me recalibrate controller with aircraft on which was not normal. I just get worn down with the issues, must have had 15 different little glitches to solve on this machine and was like a dream before the last firmware update. Frustrating!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000