DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot calibrate sensors

jayefs

Reactions
My new drone is all set up and ready to fly but I get two messages on the Controller Screen - System Warning and Check App

On my iPad mini 4 screen I have a red messages (where normally it notifies me I have GPS) which in sequence are - Forward Vision Sensor - Calibration Error Precision - Hovering and Obstacle - Avoidance May Fail

I then click on the red messages and I see a line - Vision Sensors Calibrate Error (in red)

I then calibrate and as I move around the square the blue line turns to red and at the end it tells me it Failed and that I need to have "Dji Assistant 2" in order to calibrate

So, I get the assistant 2 on my PC - register and connect my MPP to the PC

I see the square and click on it to get the Move to Aim For box - I pointed my MPP at the screen, but whatever I did all I got was the message Frame Alignment Error

However I then did as the video directed and I click on Calibrate Now and point edmy MPP at the screen as directed but I could go no further as I got the message "Unable to Detect Calibration Image"

What is wrong with what I am doing

Last edited:
You hold the drone in place, and yaw left/right and pitch forward/backward. Think of the entire drone being frozen in place, but still able to rotate.

Frame Alignment Error occurs when you move it around, so moving left/right and up/down.

Thank you but I cannot get past the Alignment screen - it says aim the drone at the (blue) box but I cannot see anything to aim with (surely, if it wants me to "aim" it should give me something to aim with - If I just sit there with the blue box going around
If I then click to go forward the blue box becomes a red box and the alignment error shows up
If I ignore this and go to calibrate I see a red square (sometimes, for a split second it changes to blue before gong back to red) which I move in and out as directed but when is says move out (because the red square is too small) it then says Unable to Detect Calibration Image
I have tried it with the controller both on and off but that seems to make no difference

I am not sure of how to get the information you are asking
It is a fairly new and expensive HP computer integrated into a 22" flat screen and I have found
Intel Core [email protected] 2-21GHz
8gb Ram 64bit Windows 10

I have now found resolution 1920x1080 60pHz

I am not sure of how to get the information you are asking
It is a fairly new and expensive HP computer integrated into a 22" flat screen and I have found
Intel Core [email protected] 2-21GHz
8gb Ram 64bit Windows 10

I have now found resolution 1920x1080 60pHz
I think it must be 1080p max resolution on pc screen...

It says 1920 x 1080 60pHz

Your resolution is fine, as is the refresh rate (Hz).

Try restarting your PC, and ensure Assistant 2 is maximised (takes up the whole screen).

When you start calibration, you should have a 3 step walkthrough (which is frankly terrible at explaining what to do) with a button to click.

When you click that button, it should show a large image of dots, with a frame for you to align your drone with.

Thank you for tour perseverance
That is exactly the screen I have - full screen big and slightly smaller dots - Big red square and I have a movable and sizable I(by moving drone in and out) red square

I the bottom left are two pictures on the squares and they move about when I move the drone - they both have a green dot in the corner indicating they are live

The trouble is I cannot get the two to squares to line up - it tells me to go out and then go in but I cannot get my square to turn blue for longer than a split second

Are you holding the drone in front of the center of the screen, like this:

2017-08-23_2310_001.png

And do the camera views in the bottom left show your screen? Are there any obstructions? Can you post a picture of the front of your drone, just in case.

I had this problem with two of my computers. Neither would complete the calibration. It finally worked on my laptop, 17" @1600x900. Try a different computer and/or monitor.

Hi
Did you make sure that the protective transparent stickers are removed from the sensors ?
I know this may sound as a super obvious one, but if they are still in place, it could prevent calibration from completing successfully

Reactions: jayefs
I can only calibrate on my laptop as well. My new HP all in one wont work just as described by the OP

I am doing exactly as in this video and the front of my drone looks exactly like the front of the one in the video

Except I do not get the s
Hi
Did you make sure that the protective transparent stickers are removed from the sensors ?
I know this may sound as a super obvious one, but if they are still in place, it could prevent calibration from completing successfully

I am looking for a mouse-hole to climb down - the stickers were still on

This is my second Platinum - I flew the first behind a wood and crashed it - I am sure I did not have to calibrate the sensors the first time - but then again - I am a 75 year-old infant

The good news is after 3-4 hrs on google I pieced enough together to resolve this issue.
Thanks to a youtube video I found by "thequacky", [PC] Fix "calibrate now" problem in Windows 10 64bit - Frame Alignment Error , DJI Mavic Pro I see what is happening.
Some of the drivers are unsigned, follow "theyquacky's" video.
1. Reboot machine (hold shift key when left clicking reboot)
2. This bring you into menu, follow the video.
3. Restart and select optionn 7 to allow install of unsigned drivers.

Caveats
This will not work wih current release, I tested from 1.1.2 on a MS Surface book pro w/ Scrn resolution 3000x2000 and had no issue. Window 10 x64 16gb RAM 500gb SSD I-7 8650 Proc (its a beast)

In my venture I found older verisons of DJI assistiant are disapearing. I have posted the ones I found, including the 1.1.2 need for the calibration. You can find the files here, DJI - Google Drive
I normally dont type things like this up, but I got a good lesson on my journey and was found myself finding a ton of threads w/ no complete resolution.
If you cant acess video or files please let me know and I will fix the issue.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
360Guy