DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot Link Mavic Pro

robinsondd

Reactions
Hi all,

Got my Drone back from DJI. I sent it in for repairs to one of the legs (I hit a power line and crashed). Now it will not link with the controller. I have not had a problem with this before. I have loaded and re-loaded DJI Go 4. At first when I tried to link got the primary/secondary msg. I selected primary and the red light on the AC did not go off. So I reloaded GO 4 again. Now when I try to link I get the msg "Confirm Frequency Settings". I select ok and nothing happens.

I'm doing these steps:

1. connect android to phone.
2. open GO 4 app
3. select Mavic Pro
4. select enter device and get the screen on the android
5. select the three dots icon at the top right of the screen
6. select the remote controller icon on the middle of the left side of the screen
7, scroll down and select the remote controller linking icon
8. then I get the msg: Confirm frequency setting.

It still will not link.

Side note: Has anyone noted that after sending their drone to DJI they get a different drone back with a different serial number? This has happened to me three times now. (I know, three crashes!). I have register with the FAA with the new serial number. I don't really care but it is odd.

Thanks for all the assistance, it is appreciated.

@robinsondd ,hi fellow flyer, DJI has a policy of supplying an already repaired drone ,that has been sent in from someone else, as it speeds up the turnaround time for the replacement to get back to you ,it also gives them more time to carry out whatever repairs are needed this is nothing new ,in the case of newer models in the line up they will also send a brand new drone as a replacement ,if you are flying recreationally only in the US then the drone registration covers you for any drone that you own ,and you dont have to keep re- registering the new serial number ,this only applies to part 107 where each drone you own has its own number
below is how to link the remote to the AC taken from the manual from the DJI web site
(1) turn on the RC and connect to screen device and turn on the AC
then launch the DJI GO4 App
(2)enter camera and tap on Remote icon and then tap linking primary RC
(3) make sure that the mode switch on the aircraft is in the RC position
(4)locate the linking button on the side of the aircraft ,press this to start the linking process the linking status indicator will display a solid green once the remote controller is successfully linked to the aircraft and the LCD screen on the RC will display the aircrafts information

hope this helps

Reactions: Saladshooter
Which leg did you have repaired? The controller antennas are in the front legs, so maybe something didn't get connected correctly during the repair? If you're comfortable opening your drone up yourself, you might check under the base plate near the back of the drone to make sure the little antenna coax cables are connected securely. Otherwise, I'd follow up with DJI and let them know that you're having connection issues that started after their repair.

Attachments

• Mavic Arm_13-edit.jpg
    Mavic Arm_13-edit.jpg
    5.1 MB · Views: 8
Is your drone turned on already when you are prepping the remote controller? In my short experience with my drone, I've learned to turn on and prep the RC first then turn on the drone and no linking needed. Hope this help!

Hi all,

Got my Drone back from DJI. I sent it in for repairs to one of the legs (I hit a power line and crashed). Now it will not link with the controller. I have not had a problem with this before. I have loaded and re-loaded DJI Go 4. At first when I tried to link got the primary/secondary msg. I selected primary and the red light on the AC did not go off. So I reloaded GO 4 again. Now when I try to link I get the msg "Confirm Frequency Settings". I select ok and nothing happens.

I'm doing these steps:

1. connect android to phone.
2. open GO 4 app
3. select Mavic Pro
4. select enter device and get the screen on the android
5. select the three dots icon at the top right of the screen
6. select the remote controller icon on the middle of the left side of the screen
7, scroll down and select the remote controller linking icon
8. then I get the msg: Confirm frequency setting.

It still will not link.

Side note: Has anyone noted that after sending their drone to DJI they get a different drone back with a different serial number? This has happened to me three times now. (I know, three crashes!). I have register with the FAA with the new serial number. I don't really care but it is odd.

Thanks for all the assistance, it is appreciated.
Thanks, I've tried that several times. It does not work. When I select REMOTE CONTROLLER LINKING I get CONFIRM FREQUENCY SETTING. Nothing happens when I select OK. Shouldn't I be getting PRIMARY or SECONDARY RC msg vs. CONTROLLER FREQUENCY SETTING?

Yes, It goes from green to red.
Should go from red to green…
Go into djigo4 and locate remote icon..
In there I believe it says link now or something to that effect and then it counts down from 60 seconds.
During that time r u linking on drone two?
This is the way I’ve always done mine and it works..

Should go from red to green…
Go into djigo4 and locate remote icon..
In there I believe it says link now or something to that effect and then it counts down from 60 seconds.
During that time r u linking on drone two?
This is the way I’ve always done mine and it works..
I don't get the countdown. When I select "Remote Controller Linking" I used to get the msg "select primary or secondary AC", or something like that but now when I try to link I get the msg "Confirm Frequency Setting?". When I select OK nothing happens. I cannot find out anywhere what "Confirm Frequency Settings?" means when I am trying to link.

I don't get the countdown. When I select "Remote Controller Linking" I used to get the msg "select primary or secondary AC", or something like that but now when I try to link I get the msg "Confirm Frequency Setting?". When I select OK nothing happens. I cannot find out anywhere what "Confirm Frequency Settings?" means when I am trying to link.
I’ve never seen confirm frequency settings on mine..
Ok then maybe go into djigo4 app and select the icon for frequency..
I can’t recall off hand what it looks like but have u gone into there and made sure ur set to auto select channel?
Maybe that’s it, maybe ur in manual mode and need to switch to where it selects the best frequency itself and then try to link..
I’m kinda grasping here too bud but who knows it might work…

Also I use iPad and iPhone so we might have differences in the app if I r Android user..
If u use android maybe it’s in the phone itself?
Let me know what happens

Thanks, I've tried that several times. It does not work. When I select REMOTE CONTROLLER LINKING I get CONFIRM FREQUENCY SETTING. Nothing happens when I select OK. Shouldn't I be getting PRIMARY or SECONDARY RC msg vs. CONTROLLER FREQUENCY SETTING?
Did anyone ever find a workaround for this issue?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett