DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cannot move the gimble left/right or up/down

The assistant is NOT used in this. Just use windows explorer or itunes, which ever is appropriate, if you are using Linux and an iphone it sees the log folders as easily as Windows, I haven't looked using a Linux and Android combination.

Attachments

• All 3 app's path to log files 2.png
    All 3 app's path to log files 2.png
    116.2 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
Are you syncing you logs with DJI?
If so stop doing that and record a new set of logs.
I am not sure what is in the folder of you last post #23 but the normal folder is the FlightRecords folder of post #22 that you arrow.
Create new set of logs, if you are using an RC1B controller I doubt you will get a DAT. The controller model, RC1A vs RC1B, of the normal controllers is normally on the label on their back.

Those run from 15th December 2020 to 3rd January 2021. If you want someone to look at the current problem you need a current log.
I would delete the link to the above logs and post JUST a current log, if one of the gurus is looking at this they can alway ask for another log if they want one for comparison.

Those run from 15th December 2020 to 3rd January 2021. If you want someone to look at the current problem you need a current log.
I would delete the link to the above logs and post JUST a current log, if one of the gurus is looking at this they can alway ask for another log if they want one for comparison.
Oh, okay.
I now deleted those and left only from today

Uum that log is for January 2021-01-03_[14-55-16] and for a "P4" type drone. One of the other logs was for a P3Adv , btw when you land you do not need to hold the sticks in the CSC position to stop the motors and with a Phantom it is risky as it speed the motors up in roll and a breeze can cause the drone to flip. Just holding the throttle fully closed should be sufficient.

Before you reply please just take a breather, calm down and check what log you are posting.

Well, I guess that I will replace the motherboard and the gimble, the fastest way to fix, but quite expensive...
I am never buying again used drone without a warranty

To be honest I think you would do better to find a shop etc. that can repair drones rather than blindly buying components in the hope that you choose the correct one. Currently you are just making guesses in the dark as to what is actually wrong.
Personally, before you take any steps towards buying bits or taking the drone to a shop etc., I would at least try to find someone who could lend you a known to be working controller so that you might test if your problem is a controller fault, perhaps they might test your controller on their drone too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys!

Recently I had some firmware issue and I was unable to change the focus of my camera setting (stuck at 'manual', more likely fixed at one point, unable to change the focus manually neither) and also aperture was stuck at f3.2. Anyway, I refreshed the firmware, everything went smooth, but now my gimbal is not moving. I mean, when I power-up the drone, the gimbal (camera) is doing it's job, rotating left/right, the usual thing, and comes to it's normal position as it should be, but when I try to lower the camera angle from my remote controller using the wheel on the left side, nothing is happening, neither when I try to move the camera angle by touching and holding on the DJI GO4 app. It's not showing any errors, and in the DJI GO4 app the Gimbal status is showing "normal".
I also tried the auto-gimbal calibration, but when I click, nothing is happening unfortunately. The drone was on the latest version .0670 and I even tried with downgrading the firmware to .0300, and still the same issue. I even tried with downgrading the remote controller to the lowest version available to match with the version of the drone, and still without success.
The gimbal before I was able to fix the focus and aperture issue was moving left/right & up/down just fine.
It can fly normally, but again, the camera is facing forward non stop. Also when I try to take the drone in my hands and rotate it slowly to see what will happen with the gimbal, it's following just as normal, and I also tried pushing the gimbal slightly down, and when I release the "push" it comes back to it's main position.
The drone didn't crashed.
Did anyone had similar issue who might help me out?
Are you in Airplane Mode?

Have you tried different modes on your RC like, from normal to sport mode if there's a difference?

Uum that log is for January 2021-01-03_[14-55-16] and for a "P4" type drone. One of the other logs was for a P3Adv , btw when you land you do not need to hold the sticks in the CSC position to stop the motors and with a Phantom it is risky as it speed the motors up in roll and a breeze can cause the drone to flip. Just holding the throttle fully closed should be sufficient.

Before you reply please just take a breather, calm down and check what log you are posting.
I agree, CSC is problematic to power off motors, since the stick positions can be interpreted literally before CSC kicks in.
Instead, pull down throttle all the way until motors stop. I abandoned CSC for normal stop on my P3 soon after having owned it.

Each app has a different directory tree, with each one having its own FlightRecords folder.
P3 under Go3 app folder, P4 and Mavics prior to Mini under Go4 (v4) folder tree, and MM and later under Fly (v5) structure.

To be honest I think you would do better to find a shop etc. that can repair drones rather than blindly buying components in the hope that you choose the correct one. Currently you are just making guesses in the dark as to what is actually wrong.
Personally, before you take any steps towards buying bits or taking the drone to a shop etc., I would at least try to find someone who could lend you a known to be working controller so that you might test if your problem is a controller fault, perhaps they might test your controller on their drone too.
Try DJI Drone Services (DDS). Free quotes and shipping.
They're a respected sponsor here.

Hi guys!

Recently I had some firmware issue and I was unable to change the focus of my camera setting (stuck at 'manual', more likely fixed at one point, unable to change the focus manually neither) and also aperture was stuck at f3.2. Anyway, I refreshed the firmware, everything went smooth, but now my gimbal is not moving. I mean, when I power-up the drone, the gimbal (camera) is doing it's job, rotating left/right, the usual thing, and comes to it's normal position as it should be, but when I try to lower the camera angle from my remote controller using the wheel on the left side, nothing is happening, neither when I try to move the camera angle by touching and holding on the DJI GO4 app. It's not showing any errors, and in the DJI GO4 app the Gimbal status is showing "normal".
I also tried the auto-gimbal calibration, but when I click, nothing is happening unfortunately. The drone was on the latest version .0670 and I even tried with downgrading the firmware to .0300, and still the same issue. I even tried with downgrading the remote controller to the lowest version available to match with the version of the drone, and still without success.
The gimbal before I was able to fix the focus and aperture issue was moving left/right & up/down just fine.
It can fly normally, but again, the camera is facing forward non stop. Also when I try to take the drone in my hands and rotate it slowly to see what will happen with the gimbal, it's following just as normal, and I also tried pushing the gimbal slightly down, and when I release the "push" it comes back to it's main position.
The drone didn't crashed.
Did anyone had similar issue who might help me out?
Im having the same exact issue, started happening randomly. No crash or damage. Ive tried everything and nothing works.

Im having the same exact issue, started happening randomly. No crash or damage. Ive tried everything and nothing works.
Are you having the same exact issue as I described at the beginning starting with stuck focus and aperture too? Or only the gimbal is not moving when trying to control it with the left wheel on the controller or while pressing and moving the the finger on your mobile device while you are using DJI GO4 app?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98