DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't bind due to out of date firmware, but I have the latest!

nia198

Reactions
I have a Mavic Air 2 and updated its firmware via the DJI Fly app today. It seemed to do it properly. I want to bind it to the controller but it seems to think the firmware is out of date. I have since downloaded and run DJI assistant 2 on my PC. It tells me that I'm using the "current" version for both the drone (V01.01.1600) and controller (V02.00.1200). I even tried refreshing the drone's firmware via this. However, inside the DJI Fly app (which is also updated to the latest version on the Apple app store)...
- It asks me if I want to bind and then tells me "aircraft firmware out-of-date" when I try to do so
- If I go into "Profile->Settings" and select "check for firmware updates" it thinks for a while and then says "Server error. Wait a moment and try again". Waiting/restarting/etc doesn't help

Any ideas? Thanks!

@nia198 do you mean link the drone to the RC so you can fly it ,this is called pairing ,the term for binding is to do with flyaway cover if you have the DJI care refresh plan
if you download the manual from the DJI web site it will tell you how to pair it
server error could be because of several reasons sometimes its just because there is a lot of activity

@Honk it is still possible to get DJI App updates directly from the App store
its only the ones for Android devices that have to be obtained directly from DJI

Reactions: Honk
Could there be an issue with the DJI fly app being acquired from the Apple Store? I thought official DJI fly apps were only available from the DJI website.
Nope. Only Android apps have this problem.

Reactions: Honk
@nia198 do you mean link the drone to the RC so you can fly it ,this is called pairing ,the term for binding is to do with flyaway cover if you have the DJI care refresh plan
if you download the manual from the DJI web site it will tell you how to pair it
server error could be because of several reasons sometimes its just because there is a lot of activity

Leave it up to DJI to take an existing and long time term and bastardize it to meet their own needs/wants.

Binding is something we have done for a long time with modern R/C aircraft to the radio controller. Now it's called Pairing and Binding is recycled into something totally different.

Reactions: old man mavic
@BigAl07 that was the main reason i asked the question

Reactions: BigAl07
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne