DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't connect drone iPad mini

Huffy523

Reactions
I give up not sure what to do, I cannot connect my iPad Mini to my controller and see a picture. I have connected in the side and into the bottom and neither one works, and I did have the side unplugged when trying to use the USB on bottom. I've reset my mini back to factory reset, I've deleted and downloaded the DJI 4 app three different times. This is the first time I've even turned on the drone, but cannot get a picture or connect.

Does the remote control connect to the mavic?

Also make sure you are using a good lightning cable to the ipad, Not one of those cheap charge only ones.

Reactions: JohnEB
Yeah it connects to drone, I keep getting mag interfer constantly but I can finally get it to. I've tried two different cables, and I have also connected it with the short cable on the side just holding the iPad but it still won't

I would try to re bind the rc to the mavic. Maybe it isnt connected fully?
You will have to look up the procedure for that, I dont recall it.
It has to be something stupid going on in the communication link from Bird to rc to ipad.

1) Have you done an RC link in GO AP on tablet?
2) Make certain you have SD card in aircraft and try formatting it.

Google RC linking to Mavic and watch short video by dji Support.
Also check your WiFi/RC switch is on RC.

Thanks for everyone's help it must have been the cable I was using. I ordered one from phantom and it came on. I'm sure this won't be the last time I need your guys help though. Greatly appreciated

Thanks for everyone's help it must have been the cable I was using. I ordered one from phantom and it came on. I'm sure this won't be the last time I need your guys help though. Greatly appreciated

What? I thought you tried the cable that came with the drone? Come on bro, you had it set to WiFi right? I have money riding on this!!!

Reactions: BD0G
I did try the short cable that came with it and it would not do anything last night, I got the cable I ordered from him in the mail today and it came right on. I had already checked the wifi switch last night before I posted lol. I will admit I am a newbie on drones though. And I would tell you if that was the problem, I was so frustrated last night I was ready to take it back. After buying the drone and then realizing my phone wasn't the best to work and having to buy a iPad mini then not being able to get it to work was pretty frustrating. I still can't understand why the short cable would not do anything though unless it was because I kept getting mag interfer in the house.

I did try the short cable that came with it and it would not do anything last night, I got the cable I ordered from him in the mail today and it came right on. I had already checked the wifi switch last night before I posted lol. I will admit I am a newbie on drones though. And I would tell you if that was the problem, I was so frustrated last night I was ready to take it back. After buying the drone and then realizing my phone wasn't the best to work and having to buy a iPad mini then not being able to get it to work was pretty frustrating. I still can't understand why the short cable would not do anything though unless it was because I kept getting mag interfer in the house.

Dang!!! I have money to send out tonight!!

Yea, I have no idea why it wouldn't work before but works now. I'm glad that you've sorted it out though. I'm sure that you'll be as happy as the great majority of people are with the Mavic.

I for one, encourage you to ask all the questions you need. We are here for you. There are several members who answer questions on a regular basis and are VERY informative!!!

There’s one thing I found out after about twenty minutes of trying everything. When you plug the iPad into the USB port at the bottom of the RC (I’m assuming you connected it there), you have to make sure the micro USB cable is unplugged from the top left hand port of the RC, otherwise the iPad won’t connect.
I did know this, but because I packed everything away, I plugged that mini USB in and forgot to unplug it.

There’s one thing I found out after about twenty minutes of trying everything. When you plug the iPad into the USB port at the bottom of the RC (I’m assuming you connected it there), you have to make sure the micro USB cable is unplugged from the top left hand port of the RC, otherwise the iPad won’t connect.
I did know this, but because I packed everything away, I plugged that mini USB in and forgot to unplug it.

Good on yo, mate! Nah, that's a good one I forgot to mention!

Reactions: Ozdriver
Just been caught out by this, had to swap drone's battery, so powered down drone then controller - powered everything back on and iPad mini says 'disconnected' and nothing I try will make it reconnect.

I'd removed the side microUSB to lighning lead when first attaching the iPad, but then plugged it back in before taking off for the flight I wanted to do, as I didn't want to leave it loose.

Only once back inside did I try various cables and eventually remove the side microUSB cable, at which point the iPad went 'bing' and started showing video again!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147