DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cant connect to Drone Deploy

SkyWizard

Reactions
I used Drone Deploy for the first time a few days ago and it was really cool.

Today, I tried to go on a mission and no matter what I did I could not connect to the Drone with the Drone Deploy app. I tried to connect to the Drone with DJI go 4 first and it works just fine. Im using an Android phone.

Things I tried:
- power cycled everything including the phone.
- Cleared all defaults then set DD as default.
- Made sure no other apps were running.
- Uninstalled DJI Go 4, set DD as default then power cycled remote.

Even with DD set as the default app when I plug the remote into the phone drone deploy does not start up but it did last time I used it. I'm totally stuck and a bit frustrated please help

Sounds like you're on Android? Check and double check both DJI Go4 (and Litchi or any other drone app) are cleared as defaults AND force-closed. DD has always started for me then.

If that doesn't work, I'd try removing DJI Go4 totally, and if necessary removing and reinstalling DD.

Sorry but after that I'm stumped!

Reactions: SkyWizard
I remembered that my phone recently had a major system update, I wonder if that was the problem as that was the only thing I could think of that was different since my last successful mission.

I can't connect to my drone either, tried all the above and then some. On Android.
I can save a map in DD but then it keeps saying I need to connect to a drone.

It just cant be done. Plus, theres no support from Drone Deploy or DJI available. I think it's safe to say you should just give up on this idea until you have a more expensive drone.

Got it working...
I uninstalled DD & DJI Go, restarted my phone and then installed DJI Go and DD
Started up DJI Go and set everything up, did a test flight with the MP
Shut down my phone and turned it on (just to be sure)
Opened DD and set it as the default app, loaded my map and BINGO!
I flew 3 test projects with DD and I'm busy uploading images atm.
I suspect that DJI Go is not releasing resources as it should and locking DD out... just a wild guess.
Btw I have problems opening DJI Go after running DD, cannot connect to the drone. A phone restart fixes that as well.
I suspect that DJI Go and DD mutually hate each other :)

PS... I guess alls I really needed to do was restart my phone before opening DD and I would have been good to go

It worked beutifuly one time for me. Then my phone did a system update and it stopped working.
After all the research Ive done now, I'm just going to not do it because of how instable it is and mostly because it voids the warranty. Personal reasons are that I need to get better at photography though.

It worked beutifuly one time for me. Then my phone did a system update and it stopped working.
After all the research Ive done now, I'm just going to not do it because of how instable it is and mostly because it voids the warranty. Personal reasons are that I need to get better at photography though.
It's not unstable and it doesn't void your warranty.
Your problem is most likely that you have another app set as the default when the controller is connected.
Remove your defaults so you get asked to choose which app to open when you connect and it will run just fine.

If you have another app (such as DJI Go) set as the default for the remote controller USB connection, you will need to clear the defaults for that app in your mobile device (Settings - Apps - DJI Go (or other app name) - Clear Defaults).

Reactions: pvs
It just cant be done. Plus, theres no support from Drone Deploy or DJI available. I think it's safe to say you should just give up on this idea until you have a more expensive drone.
The Drone Deploy website says specifically that Mavic 2 Pro are compatible with iOS "at this time". The free account only lasts for 15 days. If you do have iOS and you dilly-dallied around and let the trial run out, you won't be able to connect.

Supported Drones

Last edited:
The Drone Deploy website says specifically that Mavic 2 Pro are compatible with iOS "at this time". The free account only lasts for 15 days. If you do have iOS and you dilly-dallied around and let the trial run out, you won't be able to connect.

Supported Drones
I think it says 'iOS only at this time' for the M2. But I still don't know why, as my M2P works just fine with DD. But isn't the OP asking about an Air anyway?

The expiry of the trial period shouldn't affect the connection between drone and phone, only the map processing.

As stated previously by myself (and others) it's almost certainly due to some other app being the USB default, and/or running in the background (so force close is needed via Android app settings, side-swiping doesn't close it).

I won't pay for DD until I no longer have to clear defaults to use it.
That doesn't make much sense.
It's fine to have one app as your default for connecting the controller (if you only have one flying app).
But if you want to be able to fly using different apps, you have to clear the default so that you can choose which app you want to use when you connect.

I've been trying for a week and cannot connect. My Dji GO 4 will not connect to my drone either, but using the DJI fly app I can fly the drone.
But when I create a mission or map on DD, the drone connected Icon is off indicating that the drone is not connected. I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks.

I've been trying for a week and cannot connect. My Dji GO 4 will not connect to my drone either, but using the DJI fly app I can fly the drone.
But when I create a mission or map on DD, the drone connected Icon is off indicating that the drone is not connected. I'd appreciate some advice. Thanks.
What model drone are you talking about?
It's not usual to be able to use DJI Go 4 and Fly to fly the same drone.
It will work with one or the other, but not both.
If you are attempting to use one of the recent, smaller drones that use DJI Fly, it's unlikely to be a supported Drone for DroneDeploy.

What model drone are you talking about?
It's not usual to be able to use DJI Go 4 and Fly to fly the same drone.
It will work with one or the other, but not both.
If you are attempting to use one of the recent, smaller drones that use DJI Fly, it's unlikely to be a supported Drone for DroneDeploy.
It's a Mavic Air 2s. The drone worked with fly only, then I deleted the DJI fly app and installed DJI GO 4, and it cant connect.

Do you know if it works with Pix4d?
No, it doesn't:

The issue is that DJI have not released an SDK that would allow 3rd party software developers to make software that works with the Air 2S.
If you want to use a mapping app, you need one of the drones that works with their programs.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121