DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't connect..

G

guest1023

Just setting up for the first time. I get to the point where I'm supposed to activate my account, and I get a message to connect to the internet. Problem is, I already am, verified. I wonder if I've missed something, or if the firmware is messed up. Everything else goes fine up to this point. Suggestions?

Try setting it up via the DJI Assistant on your PC connected to the Internet. It's far easier and more stable (connection-wise) than a cellular connection through your device.

Reactions: guest1023
Thanks, much appreciated. Think I'll wait til I calm down a bit-very frustrating.

Finally got the Mavic up and running. Turns out the initial setup needs to be done on an IPhone. I needed a new phone anyway, so I picked up the 6s and all is well. Just on a whim, I hooked up the old Galaxy S4, and it looks like that will do as a monitor/FPV screen. It's no longer supported by my phone company, but it's still more than usable. Any reason why I can't use it as a permanent screen for flying?

Finally got the Mavic up and running. Turns out the initial setup needs to be done on an IPhone.

That makes no sense. It might have worked on that but you didn't need to set it up on an iPhone.

Just on a whim, I hooked up the old Galaxy S4, and it looks like that will do as a monitor/FPV screen. It's no longer supported by my phone company, but it's still more than usable. Any reason why I can't use it as a permanent screen for flying?

Nope. If you like it, use it. Many people use a dedicated device only for flying their Mavic. Remove all the other apps and keep it as uncluttered (unencumbered) as possible.

That makes no sense. It might have worked on that but you didn't need to set it up on an iPhone.

Nope. If you like it, use it. Many people use a dedicated device only for flying their Mavic. Remove all the other apps and keep it as uncluttered (unencumbered) as possible.
I actually went on their helpline and they said the account had to be established by IPhone. Once I downloaded the DJI Go program, everything came together. Didn't do anything different than with the Galaxy. Doesn't really make sense, but go figure.

I actually went on their helpline and they said the account had to be established by IPhone. Once I downloaded the DJI Go program, everything came together. Didn't do anything different than with the Galaxy. Doesn't really make sense, but go figure.

Not sure why they would tell you it has to be done on an iPhone. Millions of people only have access to Android devices so even limiting registration to iOs devices (let alone only iPhones) would make little financial sense for such a major corporation. Plus, we know that 1000's of people have registered their Mavics via Android devices (I did), so why they would insist that you use an iPhone is beyond me.

Reactions: Vilco
Not sure why they would tell you it has to be done on an iPhone. Millions of people only have access to Android devices so even limiting registration to iOs devices (let alone only iPhones) would make little financial sense for such a major corporation. Plus, we know that 1000's of people have registered their Mavics via Android devices (I did), so why they would insist that you use an iPhone is beyond me.
Here's another quirk that I can't figure out. I decide to dedicate my old Galaxy to drone use. I got rid of a ton of old apps, downloaded the DJI 4 onto it, did a quick test indoors, and took it out today. Turns out it works fine as a screen for the camera only. I don't have any of the drone or camera variations available. This is ok by me, but it would've been nice to have a use for it. I've heard other people say that DJI is really gearing their support to IOS.

Here's another quirk that I can't figure out. I decide to dedicate my old Galaxy to drone use. I got rid of a ton of old apps, downloaded the DJI 4 onto it, did a quick test indoors, and took it out today. Turns out it works fine as a screen for the camera only. I don't have any of the drone or camera variations available. This is ok by me, but it would've been nice to have a use for it. I've heard other people say that DJI is really gearing their support to IOS.

It's true that DJI really gears their support to iOs (first). They eventually get to Android, but they work on iOs first, then Android second. I guess you have to pick one to work on first if you're developing software. If it were the other way round, iOs users would feel slighted.

What do you mean by "I don't have any of the drone or camera variations available." If you mean the Quickshot modes, then you need to upgrade your DJI Go app, as the newer Android version has the Quickshot modes now (iOs had them first though, for a couple of weeks I believe). If you didn't mean that, then you'll have to clarify, as I don't get what you're trying to convey.

It's true that DJI really gears their support to iOs (first). They eventually get to Android, but they work on iOs first, then Android second. I guess you have to pick one to work on first if you're developing software. If it were the other way round, iOs users would feel slighted.

What do you mean by "I don't have any of the drone or camera variations available." If you mean the Quickshot modes, then you need to upgrade your DJI Go app, as the newer Android version has the Quickshot modes now (iOs had them first though, for a couple of weeks I believe). If you didn't mean that, then you'll have to clarify, as I don't get what you're trying to convey.
Yeah, I muddled that up. What I meant to say was that the screen had only the camera view on it, nothing more. No ready to fly, no options, nothing. I downloaded it just last week, and it's the latest version. I'll work on it, but I'm not really going to sweat it. The drone is up and running just fine on IOS. I've been hearing some real horror stories from people who have way bigger problems right out of the box, so I'm thankful.

I meant to say was that the screen had only the camera view on it, nothing more. No ready to fly, no options, nothing.
It sounds like DJI GO was running in full screen mode. Did you try swiping up or down from the center of the screen? That will toggle full screen mode on/off.

It sounds like DJI GO was running in full screen mode. Did you try swiping up or down from the center of the screen? That will toggle full screen mode on/off.
AHA! Learn something new every day. I'll give it a go next time out. Thanks.

I have a similar problem: Part 1 - When I open the dji go app, my iphone camera can't read the QR code on the box and maybe as a result - 2 - the app isn't asking me to name the done and activate it. So it's very frustrating: I can't get started flying, please help!

Last edited:
When I open the dji go app, my iphone camera can't read the code on the box and maybe as a result
You don't need to scan the code on the box. If you connect your iPhone to the Mavic remote controller via a Lightning cable, the app should prompt you to activate your Mavic. If the short cable on the left side of the remote controller doesn't work, then disconnect that cable and connect a Lightning cable to the bottom USB port on the remote controller.

You don't need to scan the code on the box. If you connect your iPhone to the Mavic remote controller via a Lightning cable, the app should prompt you to activate your Mavic. If the short cable on the left side of the remote controller doesn't work, then disconnect that cable and connect a Lightning cable to the bottom USB port on the remote controller.
That didn't work before though maybe I did something in the wrong order. Anyhow: it worked now and it means I'm very grateful. Thanks mate!

Good to hear! :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daamian86