DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't do 360 Pano in high winds?

chong67

Reactions
I was not able to do a 360 Pano in high winds. I have this warning on the screen of high winds.

I fire it off, but it stop after a few shots.

Is this happening to you?

Considering that doing an effective pano requires some level of stability so that the shots can be stitched together to form the pano, which probably cannot be achieved when your getting high wind warnings.. Sure you can fly in high winds if your careful and they are not overly excessive, but I would not expect certain shots to work or work well in those conditions..

I was not able to do a 360 Pano in high winds. I have this warning on the screen of high winds.

I fire it off, but it stop after a few shots.

Is this happening to you?
So this is where it can really pay off to do a manual Pano Processing in Adobe Lightroom , I found this process to very quick and easy using the Adobe, were talking 20 seconds for the Process and the results were very comparable.

This also allows you to shoot the pictures from where you want in the sky rather than where the auto pilot starts taking pictures.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Reactions: chong67
So this is where it can really pay off to do a manual Pano Processing in Adobe Lightroom , I found this process to very quick and easy using the Adobe, were talking 20 seconds for the Process and the results were very comparable.

This also allows you to shoot the pictures from where you want in the sky rather than where the auto pilot starts taking pictures.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Land on the Water.

Do you mean shooting it manually, using the grid lines and 20% overlap?

Today I got a awesome opportunity to do a 360 Pano, the clouds are really low, I could fly above the clouds! about to rain and very windy.

I got warning of winds. I could not fire my 360 Pano. Even if I do, it stop. DJI stop it because of high wind!

I don't get it DJI. I stitch my own 360 Pano using the 25 DNG.

That 20% overlap works so much better than I originally gave it credit for. The Adobe Lightroom made it so easy to get good results that it's become my go-to in any windy conditions.

Can Lightroom stitch 360 photos?

Adobe has updated Camera Raw 11.4 to enable seamless 360 photo editing in Lightroom Classic and Photoshop, even when using adjustments to Clarity and Dehaze. Previously, using adjustments such as Clarity, Dehaze, or even Highlights would result in a prominent seam between the left edge and right edge of the photo.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the rain.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr James