DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't get away from the "painted" look

Alastair

Reactions
I'm flying a Mavic Pro. I shoot using 1920x1080 @ 24fps. I'ts almost always sunny when I fly so I use a ND32 Pgytech filter keeping the shutter speed as close to 50 as possible
All my videos look like the scenery has been painted, smudged. I fly around a lot of pine trees and they look like they have been dabbed with an artist's brush.
Is this information enough for anyone to suggest a solution?
Thank you.

Take the filter off or try one that blocks less light. Filters cause a longer exposure time which increases blur.

If you want us to accurately evaluate your video you should post a sample.

Do you get the same result in other resolutions? To be honest, all the 1080 I've seen from Mavics looks like garbage. I would use at least 2.7k.

Yeah the +1 is the answer however it will add noise. It’s much better to have that picture info and then reverse engineer it to a softer cleaner look. You can denoising in edit with software. Here’s a tutorial however it does involve getting other software which is well worth it for future use...

Last edited:
still_1.1.1.jpg
If you want us to accurately evaluate your video you should post a sample.
This is a still grab from a video. The Mavic was hovering smoothly at the time. It's easy to see what I call the painted look of the trees and willows across the canal.
I shot this at 1920 x 1080 @ 23.976fps. I don't know how to find the actual shutter speed, but as I said above, it would be 50fps or slightly faster with the 32 UV filter attached.