DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't get away from the "painted" look

Alastair

Reactions
I'm flying a Mavic Pro. I shoot using 1920x1080 @ 24fps. I'ts almost always sunny when I fly so I use a ND32 Pgytech filter keeping the shutter speed as close to 50 as possible
All my videos look like the scenery has been painted, smudged. I fly around a lot of pine trees and they look like they have been dabbed with an artist's brush.
Is this information enough for anyone to suggest a solution?
Thank you.

Take the filter off or try one that blocks less light. Filters cause a longer exposure time which increases blur.

If you want us to accurately evaluate your video you should post a sample.

Do you get the same result in other resolutions? To be honest, all the 1080 I've seen from Mavics looks like garbage. I would use at least 2.7k.

Yeah the +1 is the answer however it will add noise. It’s much better to have that picture info and then reverse engineer it to a softer cleaner look. You can denoising in edit with software. Here’s a tutorial however it does involve getting other software which is well worth it for future use...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
still_1.1.1.jpg
If you want us to accurately evaluate your video you should post a sample.
This is a still grab from a video. The Mavic was hovering smoothly at the time. It's easy to see what I call the painted look of the trees and willows across the canal.
I shot this at 1920 x 1080 @ 23.976fps. I don't know how to find the actual shutter speed, but as I said above, it would be 50fps or slightly faster with the 32 UV filter attached.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKAms