DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't Lift Off In Blue Zone Anymore

Bodkin's Best Photography

Reactions
Site
www.instagram.com
I live in a blue authorization zone and until now flying in my back yard has never been a problem regardless of DJI Fly version. I recently got a new phone and went to test it out with the1.4.8 fly app today. The drone powers up, and the props even start spinning, but it won't lift off the ground. I've gone through the tickbox confirmations the text confirmations and even applied for an unlock online but it still refuses to lift off.

To rule out the possibility of the issue being caused by the new phone I stuck my old one in the controller but am still getting the same problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210730-172429.png
    Screenshot_20210730-172429.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_20210730-172802.png
    Screenshot_20210730-172802.png
    131.7 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I live in a blue authorization zone and until now flying in my back yard has never been a problem regardless of DJI Fly version. I recently got a new phone and went to test it out with the1.4.8 fly app today. The drone powers up, and the props even start spinning, but it won't lift off the ground. I've gone through the tickbox confirmations the text confirmations and even applied for an unlock online but it still refuses to lift off.

To rule out the possibility of the issue being caused by the new phone I stuck my old one in the controller but am still getting the same problem.
Your first screenshot indicates no GPS connectivity. Do you still have the same liftoff problem when you have connectivity?

Your first screenshot indicates no GPS connectivity. Do you still have the same liftoff problem when you have connectivity?
I've never had an issue lifting off inside without a GPS lock. Attempting the same thing outside with 2 full bars at 14 satellites yielded the same issue. Props spin up, but when attempting to lift it won't leave the ground. I'm in talks via email with support and have jumped through all their hoops so far, but haven't been able to figure out the issue so far.

Was your Unlock online application approved?
You need to first unlock the blue authorization zone in the app outside, before you can fly within it.

Was your Unlock online application approved?
You need to first unlock the blue authorization zone in the app outside, before you can fly within it.
Yes, it was. Literally nothing had changed since I was flying in the same location the week before. No change of settings, no crash, nothing. I'm not sure if they did something, but I attempted to take off on the third day of the issue and it lifted off immediately upon pushing the sticks down and inward.

Support didn't have any explenation or even a guess as to what happened or what might have been causing it, so I'm basically left hoping it doesn't spontaneously happen again.

Yes, it was. Literally nothing had changed since I was flying in the same location the week before. No change of settings, no crash, nothing. I'm not sure if they did something, but I attempted to take off on the third day of the issue and it lifted off immediately upon pushing the sticks down and inward.

Support didn't have any explenation or even a guess as to what happened or what might have been causing it, so I'm basically left hoping it doesn't spontaneously happen again.
Sounds like another GEO glitch. I've had a few myself. The one gotcha is that when you get an unlock and turn it on, everywhere outside the unlock becomes an automatic NFZ. If you had another unlock turned on from a previous flight, and try to launch anywhere outside that prior unlock, you cannot take off until you first turn off the prior unlock. One other possibility is either a real or bogus TFR that lasted 48 hours superseded your unlock. Glad it is working now. GEO can be really frustrating!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143