Check your versions

DJI Assistant 2 v 1.2.2

AC v 01.00.0200
RC v 01.00.0100

DJI Go 4 v 4.2.4

Precise fly safe database (AC) 01.00.01.08
Precise fly safe database (app) 01.00.01.08
Basic fly safe database 01.00.01.06
Ok, so the Mavic and the remote have the same versions you listed. According to the app store (on iOS) the version I have installed for DJI Go 4 is 4.2.5.

Where can I find the versions of the databases?

Ok, so the Mavic and the remote have the same versions you listed. According to the app store (on iOS) the version I have installed for DJI Go 4 is 4.2.5.

Where can I find the versions of the databases?

In the app in the "about" section, but the databases are not important.

I would try refreshing the AC firmware again using, v 1.2.2 of DJI Assistant 2

Note the RC won't always connect to DJI Assistant 2 because of usb port issues so that may need to be refreshed in DJI Go 4.

It has to be an incomplete refresh some where that's causing the linking problem,

Last edited:
I think this issue is widespread and is caused by the FW update for the RC. And it seems that this is affecting pilots from certain countries only.

Other people are also posting in DJI's forum and seems no one has found a way to fix it.
Can't link remote after connecting Mavic Air via WiFi

I tried everything posted here, to no result.

This is disappointing. Yet DJI has not figure it out!

Last edited:
If you guys have figured this out, check out the solution at the link I posted above.

Or here, for your convenience:

1. Install Fake GPS app on mobile - Google App store only
2. Select a city in the USA with Fake GPS. Double check your location is now in the USA with Google Map app.
3. Connect your mobile to the Mavic Air using the standard DJI WiFi connection process. You will get a popup warning that the WiFi needs to be reset because it has detected you are in a different country. Close and reopen DJI Go app to facilitate the reset.
4. Shut down the RC and MA.
5. Now go through the standard DJI procedure to relink the RC. The RC should link now.
6. Now turn off Fake GPS so your location is back to your actual location. The RC should now reconnect without any problems on every use.

Refuse to change the zone/wifi setting everytime DJI Go prompt you too until the next firmware is released.

I had the same problem last night when heading out for a spin, I tried and tried to go thru the motions and nope no go. What I ended up having to do was use my iphone cable to the USB outlet and it linked right up.

I bought the Mavic Air Fly More Combo 3 days ago, and everything worked great on my first indoor test, couldn't test outside due to bad weather. Wanted to test the WiFi connection with my iPhone and after connecting and testing, when I tried to link again with my remote, it is unable to link, the process times out.
Here is what I have tried so far:
-Tried the linking process via the Camera view method, with the wired method and pressing the 3 buttons on the remote (Pause+Fn+Custom button on the right hand side in the back). They all time out.
-Tried refreshing the firmware with DJI Assistant 2 for the Mavic and the remote.
-Tried downgrading, tried to link, and tried to upgrade again.
-Tried doing a factory reset to the Mavic, tried the remote also, but for some reason it is not completing it.
-Tried with an iPhone 8 Plus, an iPad and a Samsung S7, with the small side cable and connecting them to the USB in the bottom of the remote.

I don't know what else to try, and this seems to be a software problem easily fixable with an update. After searching the forums, I see I'm not the only one with this problem. After owning many Phantoms and an Inspire, this is very frustrating. The worst thing is that I bought it in the US on Thursday and I'm back to my country, without a way to go back to the store for a refund or exchange.

Has anyone been able to fix this?

Did you solve it? I just happened to me

Check that you have the aircraft switched to WI-FI and not RC and that's most likely the issue.

It happened to me once, I tried to link for an hour, but had no luck. Then I moved to another spot and tried it indoors and it linked from first attempt. My thoughts was this could have been some sort of communication interference or side effect of using fcc hack.

Hi Everyone,
Just joined site so I could post a reply that worked for me.
I had the same issue following testing wifi then back to controller - when you go through the process of linking hold down the green button at back until 1 beep - it linked straight away for me!
Hope this helps and I plan to remain in forum - I am very much a newbie to drones and DJI Mavic Air.
Take care yeh
Flash

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan