DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't link remote after connecting Mavic Air via WiFi

OrlandoP

Reactions
I bought the Mavic Air Fly More Combo 3 days ago, and everything worked great on my first indoor test, couldn't test outside due to bad weather. Wanted to test the WiFi connection with my iPhone and after connecting and testing, when I tried to link again with my remote, it is unable to link, the process times out.
Here is what I have tried so far:
-Tried the linking process via the Camera view method, with the wired method and pressing the 3 buttons on the remote (Pause+Fn+Custom button on the right hand side in the back). They all time out.
-Tried refreshing the firmware with DJI Assistant 2 for the Mavic and the remote.
-Tried downgrading, tried to link, and tried to upgrade again.
-Tried doing a factory reset to the Mavic, tried the remote also, but for some reason it is not completing it.
-Tried with an iPhone 8 Plus, an iPad and a Samsung S7, with the small side cable and connecting them to the USB in the bottom of the remote.

I don't know what else to try, and this seems to be a software problem easily fixable with an update. After searching the forums, I see I'm not the only one with this problem. After owning many Phantoms and an Inspire, this is very frustrating. The worst thing is that I bought it in the US on Thursday and I'm back to my country, without a way to go back to the store for a refund or exchange.

Has anyone been able to fix this?

Reactions: sahand
turn remote and drone on, start DJIGo, select link wired, and push the button on the butt of the drone. I have no idea why you are trying crazy things that aren't in the manual.

turn remote and drone on, start DJIGo, select link wired, and push the button on the butt of the drone. I have no idea why you are trying crazy things that aren't in the manual.
That is the first thing that I tried. If you search in the forums, many people are having the same problem, and this particular case, seems to be a firmware problem. When I do the method stated in the manual, after 60 seconds trying to connect, it says that it was unable to connect.

Some people have been able to pair after changing devices, but I tried that and everything stays the same. I've been trying to fix it for the last 24 hours, that's why I have tried everything you see above.

If anyone has any option I might have missed, I would really appreciate the help.

When you press the function button, are you holding it down for 2 seconds until a single beep? Not just pressing it, but holding it until a single beep?

The Dji go app will guide you through it step by step just turn it on and follow the wired option steps following exactly as already mention just re-bound mine today and it worked fine with all latest firmware installed

When you press the function button, are you holding it down for 2 seconds until a single beep? Not just pressing it, but holding it until a single beep?
Yes, I press it until it beeps once, and then it starts flashing red in the front arms.

The Dji go app will guide you through it step by step just turn it on and follow the wired option steps following exactly as already mention just re-bound mine today and it worked fine with all latest firmware installed
I have tried with the app, but when you get to the last step, when you press the blue "Link" button, it starts trying for 60 seconds, and then it says that it wasn't able to pair.

I just saw some recommendations from an old post for the Mavic Pro that someone was having similar problems, and after trying many things, the only thing that fixed it was restoring the remote to factory settings. I tried with DJI Assistant 2, but it is giving me an error. Is there any combination of buttons that I can use to reset it without using software?

I have tried with the app, but when you get to the last step, when you press the blue "Link" button, it starts trying for 60 seconds, and then it says that it wasn't able to pair.

I just saw some recommendations from an old post for the Mavic Pro that someone was having similar problems, and after trying many things, the only thing that fixed it was restoring the remote to factory settings. I tried with DJI Assistant 2, but it is giving me an error. Is there any combination of buttons that I can use to reset it without using software?
There's a way to link the rc without using the app..
go to tutorial video in the go 4 app.. it shows two ways to link the rc.

When its trying to link turn rc off then back on it should do the trick

There's a way to link the rc without using the app..
go to tutorial video in the go 4 app.. it shows two ways to link the rc.

If this is the video that you are saying:

I have tried both methods, with the app it times out, and with the second method, pressing the buttons, it appears to connect (light stays solid green in the end) but only for a second, then it goes back to solid red, which means that there is no link between the Mavic and the remote.

Reactions: Mike Shock
what kind of error in assist2?

It says "Factory Reset Failed!" and has a Retry button. The remote seems to be working fine, because it shoes connected in both android and iOS as soon as I connect the cable, and it starts the linking process when I pres "Link" on the mobile device. But I would like to do a factory reset just to be sure. I saw that there was a combination of buttons to reset the remote on the spark, but this controller doesn't have the same buttons, and I tried a few combinations, but nothing seemed to reset it.

recently on my P4 I had that issue and I had to downgrade the controller back to the oldest version I could and then try to update the controller again, all in assist. Your controller and your drone are no longer on a set of versions at match up. I would keep working on it in assist.

When its trying to link turn rc off then back on it should do the trick
I just tried that and at least it does something different. As soon as it boots up (the rc) the status light stays green for a couple seconds and the light on the Mavic goes green for about 2 seconds, which should mean that it's connected. But after that, it goes back to flashing red on the rc and flashing yellow on the Mavic. I even tried to arm it during those seconds, but it didn't respond.

Reactions: avanti1963
just a thought its not because the phone or tablet your using is trying to connect via wifi at the same time?. have you tried disabling the wifi while the rc connects

just a thought its not because the phone or tablet your using is trying to connect via wifi at the same time?. have you tried disabling the wifi while the rc connects
I tried without a mobile connected to the remote, and was able to arm the Mavic in the few seconds it turns green, but then it got disconnected and after a few seconds the Mavic disarmed itself.

I'm starting to think that I have some faulty hardware, even though I was able to fly it indoors 2 days ago.

try it with a friend's phone to see if it works. I think it's a mismatch between three firmwares, drone, controller, phone

According to DJI Assistant, the remote and the Mavic have the latest firmware. I even tried refreshing the firmware, and downgrading then upgrading. I have tried with an iPhone 8 and a Samsung S7. Even tried with my iPad connected via the bottom usb. I just tried to set it up via WiFi, and after the 2 beeps, it is not turning on the WiFi, so there might be some problem with the WiFi transmission on the Mavic.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
J S