DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't open footage

G Randy Brown

Reactions
I captured my 1st video just now onto my PC.
At first I tried to place it on the timeline of my NLE (Sony Vegas Pro 17 and also 12).
It couldn't read it on either version so I tried VLC media player as well as Windows media player but wouldn't open either.
All of these programs will open 4K files so surely they wouldn't have a problem with 2.7K right?
Anyway Win 10 recognizes it as an mp4 and the size of the file but shows nothing else.
I get this...I have a feeling it's a simple fix but sure could use any advice?

Capture.JPG

If you mean did I stop recording before powering down then yes.
If the card needs to be closed before removing from drone then no ... but don't know how If I'm supposed to.

Thanks very much,
Randy

As positive as I was that I hit pause before powering down maybe I didn't because I went thru the procedure again and all went accordingly...thanks!

I went out and got some test shots after my last post and 1 of the 4 clips I shot had the same issue as my 1st post (large file that won't open and doesn't show anything under video dimensions) so if anyone has a suggestion please share your thoughts :)
Thanks,
Randy

I went out and got some test shots after my last post and 1 of the 4 clips I shot had the same issue as my 1st post (large file that won't open and doesn't show anything under video dimensions) so if anyone has a suggestion please share your thoughts :)
Thanks,
Randy
Had the same issue when recording was
not stopped by dji fly or dedicated button and AC was powered down. In that case card back to AC, power on, power off and everything is readable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dozerdan