DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't read my Mavic 2 Pro SD Card files using Windows 10 PC

My SOP is a simple format click from the GO menus during my preflight procedures. That way if files ever get botched during transfer to PC and I don't catch it right then I know they are located on the card until the next outing.

I also prefer to format in the source device rather than in the destination computer for all my digital devices. Since I have been using Windows it has botched more format operations than any of my devices.

I believe it is best practice to have the same machine that is writing the data stream to be the one that formats the card. That's why I will do a fresh install on portable drives used on my computer even if they arrive preformatted.

Just my two bytes. Toss them on a cartridge and don't blow on the contacts to "clean off the dust."

Reactions: FoxhallGH
Ok folks, I have the same issue but don't see an answer to the initial question. I formatted my SD card via the DJI GO 4 app. I know that videos are being saved on the SD card because I can see them in in my smart controller after inserting the card from the Mavic 2 into my controller. However, when I try to read the SD card in my Windows 10 pc, it tells me that I need to format the card before I can use it.

Rarasmus, I know this is annoying recommendation because it usually doesn't work, but I would try plug your card reader into another USB port (this had made a difference for me on occasion). You could also test if you get the same errors in another computer, maybe even a different card reader, just to be sure. Also be sure the card read isn't an older SD reader that doesn't support newer SDXC cards.

Chris

Reactions: Rarasmus
Rarasmus, I know this is annoying recommendation because it usually doesn't work, but I would try plug your card reader into another USB port (this had made a difference for me on occasion). You could also test if you get the same errors in another computer, maybe even a different card reader, just to be sure. Also be sure the card read isn't an older SD reader that doesn't support newer SDXC cards.

Chris
Thanks Chris. Turns out that it was my card reader. I found another card reader and it worked! I would have never suspected that this was an issue with my card reader. Thanks again!

I've encountered situations on occasion where a USB drive is declared by Windows as unreadable. Drive being external HD, thumb drive or SD card. Often just retrying the connection solves the problem or changing USB ports as was suggested.

USB 3.0 ports, cables, hubs and drivers have been most problematic in the past. That seems to have improved in the last few years.
Interoperability between USB 3.0 devices and USB 2.0 ports, or vice versa also could give trouble and other times solve the problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WinstonH