DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't Sell It

Geo

Reactions
Flown my Mavic all summer and it has been the best all around drone of my last 5 years. When I ordered my Mavic I said to myself, Self, sell your Phantom 3 Pro on Ebay. Figured I'd get ~ $5-600 with all the accessories. Never got around to selling it. About a week ago I sent it up again. It's like going from a Miata to an Escalade. But it is still so much fun to fly. I can't give it up. I figure about once a week, in good weather, I'm still going to fly my P3P and enjoy the heck out of it. Not worth $500 to give it up. I hope I'm not a hoarder!

Reactions: butterflyslicer
I guess there are a few ways to think about it. I think, the longer you wait, the lower the chance you will have of selling it and the lower the value it will have. Now that they have discontinued the P3P, P3A, and P34k, the Mavic will start dropping in price in the used market, and then if you decide to sell your P3P, it will be alot harder.

The good news is that DJI is still making and selling the P3S for $499 and P3SE for $599, so your P3P is superior to those models.

Do you really need to sit on a P3P while still owning a Mavic? When I fly my P4 (not P4P) and then fly my Mavic, I always wonder why I keep the P4 around. I bring them both together to the park, and the P4 just cant compete in many ways with the Mavic. I keep the P4 for sentimental reasons, but in the past few months it's been a hangar queen. Maybe soon to be on the chopping block.

Last edited:
@Thunderdrones, “Hanger Queen” - You should copywrite that one!

I think someone beat me to it :)

It's an old military term for aircraft that spend more time in the hangar than flying for maintenance or otherwise are not being flown for one reason or the other. The hangar queens usually sit in the back of the hangar so they dont get in the way of aircraft that are actively being flown.

Im sure we are all guilty of owning one or more for sentimental reasons.

I don't think it's hoarding, I like flying different craft on different days. Don't have a phantom but a Xiaomi drone and I like how much easier it is to see in the sky then the mavic and spark.

Lately the sparks been getting a good workout but I've charged up the mavic batteries and intend to fly today assuming the weather holds up.

Reactions: Former Member
Flown my Mavic all summer and it has been the best all around drone of my last 5 years. When I ordered my Mavic I said to myself, Self, sell your Phantom 3 Pro on Ebay. Figured I'd get ~ $5-600 with all the accessories. Never got around to selling it. About a week ago I sent it up again. It's like going from a Miata to an Escalade. But it is still so much fun to fly. I can't give it up. I figure about once a week, in good weather, I'm still going to fly my P3P and enjoy the heck out of it. Not worth $500 to give it up. I hope I'm not a hoarder!

I sold my P3P on "letgo" for the asking price of $600. I only had one extra battery and prop guards. Just give it some time.

Reactions: Former Member
I have 3 quads. The Mavic, a Yuneec Q500+ 4K and an original DJI F450 Naza/GPS/FPV with Tarot 2 axis GoPro gimbal.
The only one I would consider parting with is the Yuneec. The keeper is the F450 which can never be limited by DJI and I can fly it wherever I want. I do follow the rules though because I use common sense and don't need a Nanny.

I guess there are a few ways to think about it. I think, the longer you wait, the lower the chance you will have of selling it and the lower the value it will have. Now that they have discontinued the P3P, P3A, and P34k, the Mavic will start dropping in price in the used market, and then if you decide to sell your P3P, it will be alot harder.

The good news is that DJI is still making and selling the P3S for $499 and P3SE for $599, so your P3P is superior to those models.

Do you really need to sit on a P3P while still owning a Mavic? When I fly my P4 (not P4P) and then fly my Mavic, I always wonder why I keep the P4 around. I bring them both together to the park, and the P4 just cant compete in many ways with the Mavic. I keep the P4 for sentimental reasons, but in the past few months it's been a hangar queen. Maybe soon to be on the chopping block.
I am also a phantom 3 standard and mavic owner. I have just put my phantom 3 on ebay but it wasnt easy to do. The mavic far outperforms the phantom 3 so I persuaded myself that if I sold my Phantom 3 I could buy another mavic battery. That was the clincher for me. I have had my mavic out 7500 feet with full signal and hope to make it 10000 soon

I tend to buy but not sell. mp, then p4p then mppp on order and today my sunrise yellow arrived. I need another rc like a hole in my head but ill be damned if I don't want a solo.

P4 can't compete really ? I thought he has a better camera no ?

I collect them there like family.. the only one i ever sold was my 350QX right when the AP model came out and i actually sold it for what I had paid for it.. the first and only time that has ever happened lol..

I sold mine to a friend for $450 but I now a friend to fly with on a regular basis!

I sold mine to a friend for $450 but I now a friend to fly with on a regular basis!

Do you ever have issues with seemingly signal transmission confusion if close to your mate flying ?

I flew with my son (me with Mavic, he with P4) and while I could fly perfectly normal, his drone was often flying erratically when either operators close on the ground, or drones close in the sky.
He even crashed once but thankfully no damage.

No, We fly the birds close together and never have problems but we try to stand apart (about 20 to 30 feet apart) and not get to close to each other while flying!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
1938a5abe3f2cab11381307dbddecfc6.jpg

No issue

I sold my Phantom 3 Standard on Facebook Marketplace. I was asking $600 with all accessories and I ended up letting it go for $550. I thought about going the eBay route but decided against it due to not wanting to pay the seller fees.

At one time I had 9 kayaks in my shop and I thought I would never sell a single one but I finally ended up letting 5 of them go because I had friends that couldn't afford a new one and wanted a good used one, and then I sold a couple to buy a new used one for me. So I never, say that I would never sell something. But I don't have 9 drones either, I only have two. I have the Mavic which I absolutely love and unless I somehow win $7000 on a scratch off lottery ticket and then buy an Inspire2, I don't think I will ever get another unless something happens to my Mavic. But I do have a little Syma X5 that I started out on and I still love to get that thing out and fly it. If you want to learn real flying skills the that is where you do it because that thing can be really squirrely. But it is so fun to play with.

Reactions: Rogue.Aircraft
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehj147