DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't stream Mavic MP4's through networked DVD player, but other MP4's are fine

tracer bullet

Reactions
I'm trying to stream my Mavic footage from my computer to a DVD player, but it's not working - as in it finds the files, but can't play them. I can play other MP4 files (older stuff, i.e. downloaded), MKV viles, videos from my iphone, VOB's from ripped DVD's, etc. So I know my connections are good and generally speaking things are hooked up and running, and this is not a computer problem per se. But just the Mavic footage won't play, it's a mess of pink frozen bars across the screen.

I'm guessing it's a file incompatibility? The DVD player is a Sony BDP-S1200, and the manual says it can play MP4, and for some MP4 files it definitely can. The DJI site indicates the Mavic shoots in MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 and that's what I have it set to - MP4 as opposed to MOV. But it just doesn't work.

I will try updating the DVD firmware, otherwise I am guessing I have to experiment with a lot of Mavic video settings to see if something does / doesn't work. The other option seems to be that the Mavic shoot something newer the DVD player simply can't play without converting. But I hope not.

Has anyone else encountered this or have any insight?

More likely a codec issue... MP4 is simply a container that can holds a video stream and an audio stream. Not all MP4s are the same. So just because you can play one MP4, doesn't mean that all MP4s will play. I don't know what video and audio codecs were used by DJI, but your problem probably lies there.

What resolution are you recording in? Try 1080p 30fps.

Actually, a dvd player probably won't handle that either. You may need to down scale it to SD on the computer first.

It's all about codecs, some mp4 play fine some others not. Recently i tried to play a mavic mp4 which is stored to my qnap nas to my mobile phone and the video was erratic. Then i installed to my phone 321 classic player and the video was superb. What to say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the Sony BDP-S1200 can't stream/play 4k files. You should be able to stream files captured in 1080

Thanks for the replies and ideas!

Argh, good grief, yes I was trying to play 4k video files. On top of possible / probable codec issues, that was a dumb miss on my part.

I have some things to try now. Thanks for the help!

Firstly check your DVD player model to see what video format does it support.

Then use iDealshare VideoGo to convert MP4 to that supported video format.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tstr14