DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Can't update iphone Go Fly app to 1.9.8

WanderLost

Premium Pilot
Reactions
I just saw that there is an update to the Fly app for iPhone. I started the app and after a few moments it downloaded the software. When I check the version - it still says it's at 1.9.5
Can I "force" the update somehow?
Can I delete the app and redownload the newest version from the App Store without losing my data?
Should I sync the app to save the data for a new installation?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I just saw that there is an update to the Fly app for iPhone. I started the app and after a few moments it downloaded the software. When I check the version - it still says it's at 1.9.5
Can I "force" the update somehow?
Can I delete the app and redownload the newest version from the App Store without losing my data?
Should I sync the app to save the data for a new installation?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I fixed it. I went to the App Store and didn't click on the "Open" button. I went to the app and "Update" was an option. I did that and the Go Fly app was updated properly to 1.9.8.
I don't know why it didn't update on it's own after downloading. The download file appears to be sitting in the app cache. Is it safe to delete that?

Great Update, people who wanted Tripod Mode/extra slow mode is here !,I think this update gives you full control of your Drone
but To be perfect the only thing missing is allowing third party software or then offer some of the moves that apps for example litchi do.

Last edited:
this max speed adjustment settings in the new M3P is a great feature

I fixed it. I went to the App Store and didn't click on the "Open" button. I went to the app and "Update" was an option. I did that and the Go Fly app was updated properly to 1.9.8.
I don't know why it didn't update on it's own after downloading. The download file appears to be sitting in the app cache. Is it safe to delete that?
Clicking ‘Open’ in the App Store only opens the app already installed on the phone/pad. You would need to select the ‘Update’ button. If you do not see an ‘Update’ button, and you know there is a new version, you can force the update by going to Settings, General, iPhone Storage, give time for your apps to populate, scroll to DJI Fly, select ‘Offload App’, wait until you get ‘Reinstall App’, then select that. It should install the updated app at that point.

Doing the Offload App just removes the app and keeps all the data associated with it. A nondestructive uninstall/reinstall of the app.

Clicking ‘Open’ in the App Store only opens the app already installed on the phone/pad. You would need to select the ‘Update’ button. If you do not see an ‘Update’ button, and you know there is a new version, you can force the update by going to Settings, General, iPhone Storage, give time for your apps to populate, scroll to DJI Fly, select ‘Offload App’, wait until you get ‘Reinstall App’, then select that. It should install the updated app at that point.

Doing the Offload App just removes the app and keeps all the data associated with it. A nondestructive uninstall/reinstall of the app.
There is an easier way, once your in the IOS App Store and tap the account icon in the upper right, and you scroll down to see the updates, and you don't see the update your looking for or expect, you can press/slide down/release for lack of a better way to describe it, and you'll see the the spinning icon appear and it refreshes all the updates.

Now this does seem to refresh some recent updates that perhaps you've already installed, but you can just reinstall them again, doesn't hurt, and will find the one that you maybe looking for.

There is an easier way, once your in the IOS App Store and tap the account icon in the upper right, and you scroll down to see the updates, and you don't see the update your looking for or expect, you can press/slide down/release for lack of a better way to describe it, and you'll see the the spinning icon appear and it refreshes all the updates.

Now this does seem to refresh some recent updates that perhaps you've already installed, but you can just reinstall them again, doesn't hurt, and will find the one that you maybe looking for.
I do that regularly and it works for all my other apps. But I've yet to see it show an update for the DJI app.

I do that regularly and it works for all my other apps. But I've yet to see it show an update for the DJI app.
That is odd, if you search for the app in the store, which version does it display? Or is the App already updated somehow?

I have not updated it yet, and I think it went from 1.9.8 to 1.9.9 in relatively short order, and I am seeing 1.9.9 at the moment..

That is odd, if you search for the app in the store, which version does it display? Or is the App already updated somehow?

I have not updated it yet, and I think it went from 1.9.8 to 1.9.9 in relatively short order, and I am seeing 1.9.9 at the moment..
The app store only showed "Open" so I had to click on the DJI icon and then choose "Update" on the next page.

The app store only showed "Open" so I had to click on the DJI icon and then choose "Update" on the next page.
I get update no matter how I look at it, however I had been notified of the update. But when you dug a little deeper it showed up, though its odd to me that the update refresh did not seem to work for you, always popped up when I did that.. perhaps it depends on where you are?

I get update no matter how I look at it, however I had been notified of the update. But when you dug a little deeper it showed up, though its odd to me that the update refresh did not seem to work for you, always popped up when I did that.. perhaps it depends on where you are?
I don't know - the iphone app just seemed hesitant somehow. The 1.9.8 update appeared briefly and downloaded when I started the app, but it just quit. After that I couldn't get it to update until I went right to the app store and "forced" an update.
My Tripltek 8 Pro updated by itself without issue to 1.9.9.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rui S