DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cant update latest Go4 firmware in my Smart controller

Kb8mcz

Reactions
I can download the latest firmware v4.3.32 on my smaller controller with my cell phone but when I try to download the new v4.3.32 on my Smart Controller it wont install, it shows v4.3.28. Any one else having this problem?

Thanks Dave

Reactions: Nando Ace Calderón
its not a problem, DJI just aint updated their site yet, give it a few weeks, or the right file might get posted somewhere, the XAPK and APK file that's around at the moment wont install and comes up with corrupt file not installed error I've tried and so have a few others/

its not a problem, DJI just aint updated their site yet, give it a few weeks, or the right file might get posted somewhere, the XAPK and APK file that's around at the moment wont install and comes up with corrupt file not installed error I've tried and so have a few others/
Even though the smart controller is telling me to update when I try to go live with Facebook? My little controller did with no problem.

Reactions: Nando Ace Calderón
The version for generic android is not the same version as smart controller.
Smart controller has differences from generic android phones.
I highly recommend you just wait until DJI offers it on the controller if you want the correct version.
Also note that iOS and android versions do not track with the same version numbers.
They are two completely separate Builds.
As of the date of this post you should have 28.
For the record DJI go 4 is not firmware it’s an app.

Last edited by a moderator:
The version for generic android is not the same version as smart controller.

Indeed it isn't and the CrystalSky which is essentially an Android tablet lags way further behind. Think it was at .16 last I looked and no signs of DJI updating it any time soon.

In view of the recent SC firmware debacle update to .650 in early January I would strongly advise as does @Done above to be patient and wait until your SC announces it is available.

The debacle was the firmware, not the go app.
I updated the go app many times and never had problems. And I think you can just install an older version if there is a problem.
But of course, you never know...

If there is no new feature with the 32 version, there is no need to install it now, we can wait.

I was able to update my Smart Controller via the DJI assistant 2, I did this via plugging the SC into the PC then starting the DJI assistant 2 and hitting the SC option then Firmware update.
And BANG it started the update and completed shortly there after!
Hope this helps

Reactions: Kb8mcz
I was able to update my Smart Controller via the DJI assistant 2, I did this via plugging the SC into the PC then starting the DJI assistant 2 and hitting the SC option then Firmware update.
And BANG it started the update and completed shortly there after!
Hope this helps

So you got version 32 now? I doubt it ?

DJI Go version is 4.3.28 and the SC System is at V01.00.0650 1581108397174.png

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos