DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Air 2s Cape Cornwall & Priest Cove, nr Land's End, Cornwall, UK

Jeremy Clark

Reactions
My first clip for some time due to minor illness and major horrible Cornish weather. I took an earlier trip to Cape Cornwall almost a week ago, but it was just too windy, so I was delighted to revisit there yesterday & get some great footage of the stunning headland. I hope you enjoy it

Jeremy, you did it again. Spectacular footage, music fit perfectly. I really enjoyed it!

Reactions: Jeremy Clark
My first clip for some time due to minor illness and major horrible Cornish weather. I took an earlier trip to Cape Cornwall almost a week ago, but it was just too windy, so I was delighted to revisit there yesterday & get some great footage of the stunning headland. I hope you enjoy it
Beautiful video Jeremy, you have some of the most stunning video of that area of Cornish! Well done indeed, Jeremy.

Very nice scenes. I was hoping for some gimbal down shots of the waves breaking on the rocks. I’d also like to see you flying lower, along the cliffs.
Thanks for the suggestions. You're right - I should've got some down shots & slow mo of the breaking waves. I'm a bit nervous of flying too close to the cliffs & breaking waves tho since my old MA2 got destroyed when it was caught in some unexpected spray from a breaking wave

Thanks for the suggestions. You're right - I should've got some down shots & slow mo of the breaking waves. I'm a bit nervous of flying too close to the cliffs & breaking waves tho since my old MA2 got destroyed when it was caught in some unexpected spray from a breaking wave
Yeh, I get the reluctance, but you don't have to get close. Film a variety of fixed elevations straight down, some with slow forward travel, parallel to the shore/break lines, ascending/descending, maybe some spins with elevation change. Never underestimate the power of the straight down shot. I could watch a down surf break shot forever, so don't rush it. They also add variety in cuts, breaking up similarity/redundancy.
Another good shot for that point and other POI's is the boomerang POI/spotlight, moving forward/backward during a POI/spotlight function and maybe accompanied with elevation changes. Take advantage of the cinematic drama of parallax, which is more pronounced as you fly lower and closer. Multi-input combination moves of gimbal, elevation, travel and turns will take your filming to the next level.
You're missing your best/easiest opportunity for dramatic shots by making use of the gimbal like at 2:24, but lower/closer for enhanced parallax. The gimbal tilt is the easiest way to create drama in forward/backward/ascend/descend shots. Pick your feature and do a variety of tilts, ascend/descend, forward/backward. A gimbal tilt down should start with ascent as you tilt down, slow forward travel progressively and maintain visual axis from point of rotation. As you pass over, descend and tilt back up until you reveal 1/3 horizon, ending your gimbal tilt move. If you want to add a challenge to that shot, do the turnaround 180. Requires lots of practice and multiple takes, but may be easier using spotlight (I need to try that with my MA2). I call it the rollercoaster.
Another cool shot is the Thelma & Louise where you fly low enough for motion blur on the ground and tilt gimbal down as you go over the cliff. Slow forward travel and descend to enhance the driving off the cliff look.
The smooth gimbal rotation may require adjusting your advanced gimbal settings to reduce speed and increase smoothing. Make similar adjustments to yaw. My yaw is at the lowest speed for normal mode and it still requires the lightest touch for subtle turns.

Last edited:
Yeh, I get the reluctance, but you don't have to get close. Film a variety of fixed elevations straight down, some with slow forward travel, parallel to the shore/break lines, ascending/descending, maybe some spins with elevation change. Never underestimate the power of the straight down shot. I could watch a down surf break shot forever, so don't rush it. They also add variety in cuts, breaking up similarity/redundancy.
Another good shot for that point and other POI's is the boomerang POI/spotlight, moving forward/backward during a POI/spotlight function and maybe accompanied with elevation changes. Take advantage of the cinematic drama of parallax, which is more pronounced as you fly lower and closer. Multi-input combination moves of gimbal, elevation, travel and turns will take your filming to the next level.
You're missing your best/easiest opportunity for dramatic shots by making use of the gimbal like at 2:24, but lower/closer for enhanced parallax. The gimbal tilt is the easiest way to create drama in forward/backward/ascend/descend shots. Pick your feature and do a variety of tilts, ascend/descend, forward/backward. A gimbal tilt down should start with ascent as you tilt down, slow forward travel progressively and maintain visual axis from point of rotation. As you pass over, descend and tilt back up until you reveal 1/3 horizon, ending your gimbal tilt move. If you want to add a challenge to that shot, do the turnaround 180. Requires lots of practice and multiple takes, but may be easier using spotlight (I need to try that with my MA2). I call it the rollercoaster.
Another cool shot is the Thelma & Louise where you fly low enough for motion blur on the ground and tilt gimbal down as you go over the cliff. Slow forward travel and descend to enhance the driving off the cliff look.
The smooth gimbal rotation may require adjusting your advanced gimbal settings to reduce speed and increase smoothing. Make similar adjustments to yaw. My yaw is at the lowest speed for normal mode and it still requires the lightest touch for subtle turns.
Wow. Great suggestions thanx. Looks like I’d better get practicing 👍👍

Very beautiful vid, but how do you post videos to the Internet? I'm a newbie, have flown 5 times with a Mavic Mini 2. I love it. It takes beautiful photos and videos but, they don't do me any good sitting on my computer. How do I share with my family in other states? We were on a family reunion in July and no one has seen any of my videos of us camping at a beautiful lake in Washington State. And if you wouldn't mind, please send your response to my email address as it's too hard to remember all the places I've read blogs, vlogs, posts or whatever they are. My email is:
[email protected]

Thank you, RandyV

Wow. Great suggestions thanx. Looks like I’d better get practicing 👍👍
Your shots show you're very methodical and thorough in your approach, capturing clips in different ways conscious of time of day and light quality. With some of the fairly easy moves I described, you'll have more variety and less redundancy in your final edits.

Very beautiful vid, but how do you post videos to the Internet? I'm a newbie, have flown 5 times with a Mavic Mini 2. I love it. It takes beautiful photos and videos but, they don't do me any good sitting on my computer. How do I share with my family in other states? We were on a family reunion in July and no one has seen any of my videos of us camping at a beautiful lake in Washington State. And if you wouldn't mind, please send your response to my email address as it's too hard to remember all the places I've read blogs, vlogs, posts or whatever they are. My email is:
[email protected]

Thank you, RandyV
Thanks Randy. I’ve emailed you

Reactions: RandyV
Nice edit! Very impressive clips of what looks like a stunning area. Another location to add to a long list of places I need to visit. Thanks for sharing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bullet_magnet