DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Capture failed, shooting is currently not permitted.

Wow, that would be cool if thats the fix eh?!
Try it, i couldn't believe my own.
Panos were working when i had my maiden flight. After upgrading to .0200 i got this error.

So, i tried this and that setting until i changed the WiF channels to custom..

Reactions: 650b
@M.K.Frenky - phuuu, now it's getting really strange ...
Another question - Are you in CE or FCC region?

@M.K.Frenky - phuuu, now it's getting really strange ...
Another question - Are you in CE or FCC region?
Okay sound this more logic, I got my unit from local reseller in Malaysia, but my unit is not English instead CN/China, the owner of shop sells it said came from China, so it's China warranty. My manual book and dji refresh is written in Chinese. If EN/English he said came from Hong Kong. Or Hong Kong warranty.

I read that thread before, that way I'm saying I'm not in Sport mode. It seem he in Sport mode.

You mean strong wind influence?
I am going to view my Airdata wind readings.
No wind also i can't took it, even lower or higher ground. In China do they allow this panorama feature? I'm start to think because of patent for region China maybe can't use it?

Last edited:
I really disappointed and frustrated i can't took any panorama photos, I haven't play with others features as well. As I don't have time. Other features required larger landscape, right now I only took of vertical and only normal photos, HDR and videos.

@M.K.Frenky can you try this:
Change your WiFi region to FCC as described in this thread: FCC mode in CE area
Then change your WiFi channel to Auto.
Take off, fly a few seconds, maybe try to catch a pano, land again, then change channel to Custom, take off and try to take a pano.

That's exactly what i did this morning ...

Is it best to choose a specific white balance for type of lighting vs auto?

s it best to choose a specific white balance for type of lighting vs auto?
I usually shoot DNG. If there are some adjustments neccessary in post, it can be done easy with RAW formats. (i.e. white balance is not what you expected)

Let us keep it on topic in this thread.

Update:
After charging batteries, i drove to an abandoned building.
To avoid all wind influences, i took off inside the building (only a few feet) and did the same procedures as in the morning.
Long story short, i could not reproduce the pano shooting problem.
With all my WiFi settings, no problems, i was able to shoot all kind of panos.

It seems that when the AC exceeded an specific attitude threshold, the pano sequence can not be engaged.

I really no idea my aircraft what is wrong. I can't do whatever I try. Doesn't making any sense logic, why do difficult to produce panorama photos. I can so it in my spark no issues just need gps that's all. But I already sold it for Air. I'm guessing something is not right about my aircraft itself. I'm IT savvy and this is my 2nd drone.

Last edited:
Tomorrow after work i so try with iPhone instead. See if that works. Flying in the night, too dark and really crazy the aircraft can't sense surrounding if all sensors are turn on.

Frenky, i can understand your frustration...
I will wait for your report tomorrow. Be optimistic!

Fly safe!
//K

I'm not getting any good news guys...

DJI also not replying my emails...

I give it try again on my lunch time, since yesterday night I noticed when it took off not hovering as my knee or my thigh height, it's hovering 2 meters above me.
I try pulling it down the aircraft, but it went up again.

But that is not my concerned, my concerned is I still not able to take any panorama photos. I use iPhone 6 with fresh new DJI Go 4 app from Apple store, use internal memory or external sdcard are same.

And in iPhone 6 with iOS 11.2.5 I can't sync my flight record into my iPhone 6.
As you can see the screenshot, the moment reached 100 perfect it said "Sync Failed. Retry", i did many times also same. This is fresh installation twice for DJI Go 4 in my iPhone 6. The first time also same, can't sync, but at that time I only had Spark.

How can be possibly so much difficult to take panorama photos??
5495ada15e81398cfdaa6530ae9cba3d.jpg
8ea0fd130aae153937205f6dd59f5a19.jpg
d3edfdf28956f298203e9ea1c17d40a8.jpg

I'm getting frustrated with my Mavic Air, and there is no quick response from DJI.

difficult to take panorama photos??
Do you have the possibility to use another GO4 device? An IPad or an Android based phone/tablet?
Just a thought ...

Do you have the possibility to use another GO4 device? An IPad or an Android based phone/tablet?
Just a thought ...
My daily phone is Redmi Note 4.
Both i did try, Android and iPhone.

I really not sure what is going on, I'm thinking my account/the aircraft they restricted.
Because I'm in no fly zone area where I stay so I have individual unlocking zone.
But I did try outside no fly zone, also same.

I'm really disappointed and frustrated.

Reactions: Pduncan
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest