DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Car charger won't fit battery

Wozza

Reactions
My son bought a car charger from DJI for our MA2. The one he got was marked Mavic Air. And the **** thing doesn't fit the battery. It's almost exactly the same connection but the small 45 degree cut-out at one end is mirrored. That is, if it's on the right end longwise it's on the wrong side short wise. And we discovered this when camping for two days after running down our first (of 3) batteries. Kinda shortened our flight time a little. Frustrating.

Still waiting to see if it was my lad ordering the wrong one or them sending the wrong one. And I would have thought that the MA2 is an updated version of the original Mavic Air. So why make such a small change to the battery connection? Aaargh...

Can't speak to DJI's reasoning, but it might have something to do with the fact that the Air 2's battery has about 30% higher capacity than the Air's. That might logically mean different charge current, cell balancing protocol etc., though the two batteries share the same number of cells, that's about it.

Can't speak to DJI's reasoning, but it might have something to do with the fact that the Air 2's battery has about 30% higher capacity than the Air's. That might logically mean different charge current, cell balancing protocol etc., though the two batteries share the same number of cells, that's about it.
I guess that could be the answer. They specifically don't want you to mix up the chargers if you have the different batteries so they make them so you can't.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony