DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Card reader ?

I am looking at this now... I can see the boxes, but it is too small for me to see any of the writing in them.
Click on the thumbnails and you can see them larger.
Click on the larger image and you can see it full screen.
Where do I find Windows Explorer?
It's part of Windows
What prgram processes the drone RAW pictures please?
If you want to work with raw image files, Photoshop, Lightroom and several other image editing programs will do it.

Reactions: KingRat
KR, do you have someone you can turn to locally who can sit down with you and help you out? Maybe a relative, or neighbor, or work colleague?

I tend to plug the drone into the PC with the USB C to USB cable. Turn on the drone, windows finds the internal storage and the card. I then copy the files to PC.

I find it easier than messing with removing cards. Plus my card reader is slow and the direct method (on my PC) works faster than my card reader.

Researching this a bit more, I'm pretty sure you can get NX2 to handle stills and videos from the drone if that's what you want to do. You have to tell Windows that you want it to do that though.

I'm looking for a good tutorial that can walk you through the steps required; the descriptions I've found so far have been a bit techy and hard to follow.

Have you tried this?

Plug the SD card from the drone into your PC
Open NX2
In NX2 select the 'Source' tab.

Does the SD card appear in the Source pane? If so click on it.

As I mentioned I used NX2 briefly but it didn't suit what I wanted to do so I moved to Adobe Lightroom.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingRat
Ubuntu is an operating system in the same way as Windows is.
What version of Windows are you running ? then I may be able to help.

If you're on windows. . . .

1] Left click on the 'Start' button on the task bar at the bottom left of your screen.

2] A fly-out menu pops up; on the right side of that; click on 'Computer'

3] A new window opens up with all your drives, under 'Devices with removable storage' will be the card - double click to open it.

KR, do you have someone you can turn to locally who can sit down with you and help you out? Maybe a relative, or neighbor, or work colleague?

Unfprtunately not. I have always worked alone. My sister is on Skye and doesn't even have email. :rolleyes: My brother is in Plymouth, but I am the only creative in the family.

To save answering everyone in turn.
I am on Windows 7 - OFF THE INTERNET. To stop the updates clogging it. So it is as it stands.
My new computer is Windows 10 - but I am taking it back in the morning because it is doing weird things. The mouse and left clicker are very loos. It was a refurb and it is very used I think. I shall get another better one from them. My old one was an Acer Travelmate and it is 2009, still very good.

**** thing. It does stuff of its own accord! I will see if the NX2 can recognise the card reader. And try some of these other ideas - but hang fire now until I get a decent computer.

Thanks everyone.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580