DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Career change.... Worthwhile?

If you don't get a job in house, you're the boss, owner, accountant, sales person, HR, etc. My life everyday!

Very well put. It's astonishing the # of hats we have to wear each and every day to keep getting better and better. To do well, especially in this industry, you'll need skills in the following:

• Piloting (being proficient and safe in many various flight envelops)
  • Maintenance (gotta keep your equipment in Tip Top Shape)
  • Photographer (anyone can snap a picture but being able to see, compose, and frame the subject matter to be WOW takes a photographer)
  • Editor
  • Salesman
  • Accountant
  • Cheerleader (lol no really)
  • Collections
  • Marketing GuRu
And it helps to have some old school "Cold Call" sales experience

Some of the above you can "hire out" but that cuts (and deeply) into your bottom line.

As stated already if you can find a process/market/niche where you can stand out your odds are increased greatly.

Reactions: macoman
When I was working we had a not so tongue-in-cheek saying. "Create a need and fill it"

Our HOA had a problem from water runoff from City land. I volunteered to fly the hillside and take pictures then a movie of the problem area and what the city had done to eliminate the problem.

I run my own training and consulting business. It took me the better part of two years to really get it going. Slow and steady is the way to go. Someone here made the point about getting trained and certified. I'm looking at the level 1 thermography class. If you can do something to stand out from the competition, that helps in the long run. If you don't get a job in house, you're the boss, owner, accountant, sales person, HR, etc. My life everyday!

Hi,

My name is Norberto from Puerto Rico i am a level II thermographer and planning to use a Mavic 2 Pro with a Flir Boson 320 ir imager.

You can find an online level 1 training at: Infraspection Institute: Level 1 Thermography Distance Learning

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mountainmanflyin