DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Carleton-sur-Mer

I liked the reflections from that calm lake and the hyperlapse mix. Beautiful location and good length video.
Thanks! On the improving side, I need to learn the manual mode in filming in 4k 30fps / 60 shutter speed as some shots are choppy.

Nice video. I love the glassy reflection of the lake. Nice colors. Shots well thought out. Very smooth throughout. No criticism there at all.

If I have one comment, an ongoing problem that I find for myself too, that is present in this video, is finding background music that hasn't been over-used. What you've used is great and appropriate for the footage. I've just heard this tune so many times that, for me, it took away from the originality of the piece. Other than that I can't think of anything else that I could add or critique. I hope to be turning out work as good as what you're showing. Again, great job!

Thanks! On the improving side, I need to learn the manual mode in filming in 4k 30fps / 60 shutter speed as some shots are choppy.
What were the settings you filmed with?

Nice video. I love the glassy reflection of the lake. Nice colors. Shots well thought out. Very smooth throughout. No criticism there at all.

If I have one comment, an ongoing problem that I find for myself too, that is present in this video, is finding background music that hasn't been over-used. What you've used is great and appropriate for the footage. I've just heard this tune so many times that, for me, it took away from the originality of the piece. Other than that I can't think of anything else that I could add or critique. I hope to be turning out work as good as what you're showing. Again, great job!
Thanks vindibona1 for the good comments! Much appreciated.
I appreciate the comment on the music. I haven’t heard those tunes but I guess it is much used since it is on the DJI Fly app. I searched several time for free music but had hard time finding good ones.I need a solution on this. Maybe will need a paying subscription to Musicbed or else. Ideas?

Thanks again for the comments !

Thanks vindibona1 for the good comments! Much appreciated.
I appreciate the comment on the music. I haven’t heard those tunes but I guess it is much used since it is on the DJI Fly app. I searched several time for free music but had hard time finding good ones.I need a solution on this. Maybe will need a paying subscription to Musicbed or else. Ideas?

Thanks again for the comments !
PM to be sent... Don't want everyone to know one of my secret music stashes.

@Tufargon I'll send you one too. Don't want you unhappy :)

Hi All, some shots of the summer trip. Hope you like. Open for comments.
Hi Gouaill,
I like very much the amazing shots, compliment! I also like the music and the good fitting cuts! I think that the music is a little bit too epic. Most of the shots are overview (wide)shots and that´s the problem in your video. To obtain an intertaining video you should shoot a mix of different image details, as overview shots, medium shots and also some close up shots.
Give it a try the next time you shoot! This where only my two cents;)
sorry if my english is not perfect, but I´m a german speaking Swissman!
cheers Paul

Hi Paul,
Thanks very much for taking the time to watch and comment!
Good point for the different type of shots. Hard to do close shots in vacation/public spaces without disturbing people. I had to wait a lot to take the lighthouse. Still, I need to practice more close shots.
No issue with your english. Mine (from french) is not better!
Cheers
Guillaume

Hi Paul,
Thanks very much for taking the time to watch and comment!
Good point for the different type of shots. Hard to do close shots in vacation/public spaces without disturbing people. I had to wait a lot to take the lighthouse. Still, I need to practice more close shots.
No issue with your english. Mine (from french) is not better!
Cheers
Guillaume
Hi Guillaume,
You´r welcome! It´s really not always possibel to make closup shots as you say! But there is a good trick! As an example I take the wooden tower at 1.34 in your video: without to disturb people with a low flying drone one can make some nice mid od closeup shots! You can make some shots holding the drone in your hands (of course without running motors) You can walk around the tower and the gimbal will deliver perfectly stables shots. You even could pan upwards the camera. With the "handholding" drone there are many possibilities to make such medium and closeup shots and nobody will be upset, because there is no motornoise and the drone would act as a quite normal camcorder/DSLR.
BTW, I think that your english is surely better than mine;)
Hopefully you understood what I wanted to tell you abowe:rolleyes:
Have a nice day and cheers,
Paul
BTW, I made some "on the fly" handheld banal drone shot in my garden:

Last edited:
Hi Guillaume,
You´r welcome! It´s really not always possibel to make closup shots as you say! But there is a good trick! As an example I take the wooden tower at 1.34 in your video: without to disturb people with a low flying drone one can make some nice mid od closeup shots! You can make some shots holding the drone in your hands (of course without running motors) You can walk around the tower and the gimbal will deliver perfectly stables shots. You even could pan upwards the camera. With the "handholding" drone there are many possibilities to make such medium and closeup shots and nobody will be upset, because there is no motornoise and the drone would act as a quite normal camcorder/DSLR.
BTW, I think that your english is surely better than mine;)
Hopefully you understood what I wanted to tell you abowe:rolleyes:
Have a nice day and cheers,
Paul
BTW, I made some "on the fly" handheld banal drone shot in my garden:
Hi Paul,
Thanks for the shot in this great garden! I did some tests also but found it hard to stay stable. I think the pan movement provides great results. But generaly speaking, this is true that it can provides diversity in point of view in a movie. Creativity is the key.

In what I would call a exercise for medium shots, I did this short video of our cottage 2-3 weeks ago. I wanted also to try the reverse rendering that provides surprise to the viewer compared to classic forward view. I think you will have the same comment on the music than the other video ;)

Hi Paul,
Thanks for the shot in this great garden! I did some tests also but found it hard to stay stable. I think the pan movement provides great results. But generaly speaking, this is true that it can provides diversity in point of view in a movie. Creativity is the key.

In what I would call a exercise for medium shots, I did this short video of our cottage 2-3 weeks ago. I wanted also to try the reverse rendering that provides surprise to the viewer compared to classic forward view. I think you will have the same comment on the music than the other video ;)
Hi Guillaume,
woooooow what an amazing long-shot, compliments,Thumbswayupit looks really fantastic and the reason is that you reversed it. There are a lot of new details coming into the field of vision! Reversed shots looks way better than forward shots! You were very courageous to shoot this clip, because most of the time you couldn´t see the drone, chapeau!! Was it a FPV shot.. I suppose? The cottage is amazing, much more pleasant than my garden!
The music fits very well!
Thanks for the "garden" compilment. In reality it doesn´t look as good;)
Concerning the stable shots with the handheld drone it´s only aquestion of excercise!
cheers Paul

Hi Guillaume,
woooooow what an amazing long-shot, compliments,Thumbswayupit looks really fantastic and the reason is that you reversed it. There are a lot of new details coming into the field of vision! Reversed shots looks way better than forward shots! You were very courageous to shoot this clip, because most of the time you couldn´t see the drone, chapeau!! Was it a FPV shot.. I suppose? The cottage is amazing, much more pleasant than my garden!
The music fits very well!
Thanks for the "garden" compilment. In reality it doesn´t look as good;)
Concerning the stable shots with the handheld drone it´s only aquestion of excercise!
cheers Paul
Hi Paul,
Very happy you liked it and that the music was a better match this time.
Yes it was not easy to shoot and I was not seeing the drone at all. But as you said, with practice, we can do good things and I had shot the place a lot before. I was filming in fpv mode on the Mavic Air 2.
Thanks again for the comments. Very much appreciated Paul!

G

Hi Paul,
Very happy you liked it and that the music was a better match this time.
Yes it was not easy to shoot and I was not seeing the drone at all. But as you said, with practice, we can do good things and I had shot the place a lot before. I was filming in fpv mode on the Mavic Air 2.
Thanks again for the comments. Very much appreciated Paul!
Hi Guillaume,
you´r welcome! I wouldn´t dare to fly without seeing the drone I think :rolleyes: That was really a very interesting flight, After a second sight I am still stunning! It is normal that wehn you fly in FPV that in the curves the drone inclines right/left? Could you also fly in Cine shoht modus? Happy flying and have a nice day,
Paul
BTW, I did a Google search, you live in a fantastic region Thumbswayup

Last edited:
Hi Guillaume,
you´r welcome! I wouldn´t dare to fly without seeing the drone I think :rolleyes: That was really a very interesting flight, After a second sight I am still stunning! It is normal that wehn you fly in FPV that in the curves the drone inclines right/left? Could you also fly in Cine shoht modus? Happy flying and have a nice day,
Paul
BTW, I did a Google search, you live in a fantastic region Thumbswayup
Hi Paul, Thanks again. Yes, in FPV mode on the MA2, the camera follows the move of the aircraft. It could have been shot in regular cine mode but I wanted to give a sense of speed with the FPV shooting. Have a great evening!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
devilsown