DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

CASA has their hands in your pocket

Gagey52

Premium Pilot
Reactions
CASA aren't shy, they didn't even wait for the first registration period to end.
Regards

Yeah, I got the email, as I went through Excluded catregory a year or two ago, to get ARN etc organised.
Registered Spark and M1P, did the Pilot Accreditation, both of which I discovered yesterday was for commercial.

I've never used either for commercial purposes, so I went into my CASA account and cancelled both drones, got a message "you can no longer fly this drone legally in Australia", words to that effect.

Was going to just re-register for rec use, but no options.

Called CASA and said I had done the Excluded way back, drone registration, pilot accred etc, and wanted to go on and register the 2 drones only for recreational.
Said I only intend to fly rec, can I fly these ok ?
Yes, as long as no commercial work is undertaken (she mentioned monetised social media), all ok, and recreational registration will be another year.

Interesting, because I did the same last year, but haven't cancelled or changed my registration. I'm not flying commercially, but if I get an email chasing me for payment then I'll do the same as you and cancel it.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Interesting, because I did the same last year, but haven't cancelled or changed my registration. I'm not flying commercially, but if I get an email chasing me for payment then I'll do the same as you and cancel it.

This is the website link to the newsletter info.

Registration levy for drones [SEC=OFFICIAL]

You might have to sign up for updates, the girl at CASA said rec pilots will get emails when recreational pilot accreditation and drone registration is happening into next year.
** You can subscribe to the drone newsletter updates in the grey box at bottom of the website linked above. **

This is the website link to the newsletter info.

Registration levy for drones [SEC=OFFICIAL]

You might have to sign up for updates, the girl at CASA said rec pilots will get emails when recreational pilot accreditation and drone registration is happening into next year.
** You can subscribe to the drone newsletter updates in the grey box at bottom of the website linked above. **
Thanks, I'm subscribed already.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore