DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Cascades Sunrise

Starze, beautiful sunrise and reflection. Did you shoot jpg? I'd say your exposure was good to capture the color and detail in the clouds, which is the main event in this shot. If you'd shot RAW you would be able to bring up some detail in the landscape, but doing that shows more noise in those areas.

Yes, jpeg. When some of this workload that I’ve been dealing with for the last several months get out of my hair, I plan on doing some post education. Work still keeps piling up, so not sure when. Out at 4:00 am
and home around 5:00 pm. Not fun.

I feel for you Starz., I've been retired for a few years after 35 years of teaching. It's sure nice to get home from a trip with lots of files to process and have the time to work on them when I want to.

Reactions: JS1600 and Starz
Great pics folks!
My thing is sunsets in hyperlapse. Give it a try for your sunrises.

I'd like to try a sunset hyperlapse. Can you (maybe save me some trial and error time) and advise the best settings (shutter speed, etc) for a smooth hyperlapse like this one, or does the camera default to it's own settings after you choose the time between shots and the length of clip you want?

I'd like to try a sunset hyperlapse. Can you (maybe save me some trial and error time) and advise the best settings (shutter speed, etc) for a smooth hyperlapse like this one, or does the camera default to it's own settings after you choose the time between shots and the length of clip you want?
Put your bird up, frame the shot as the capture area is slightly smaller than the screen an will show brackets at the corners, select the hyperlapse, then open settings in manual and adjust the Fstop until MM is about -3. Select the hyper lapse.... I find 2-5 seconds the best interval. Start the hyperlapse. I will then tap the icon to extend the clock until I have about4-5 min flight time left and start it. If it looks like it won’t have time to finish I just stop it early and it will process the hyperlapse as long as it’s got at least the initial shots finished.
Hope this helps

Reactions: JS1600 and lilewis
Put your bird up, frame the shot as the capture area is slightly smaller than the screen an will show brackets at the corners, select the hyperlapse, then open settings in manual and adjust the Fstop until MM is about -3. Select the hyper lapse.... I find 2-5 seconds the best interval. Start the hyperlapse. I will then tap the icon to extend the clock until I have about4-5 min flight time left and start it. If it looks like it won’t have time to finish I just stop it early and it will process the hyperlapse as long as it’s got at least the initial shots finished.
Hope this helps
Thanks Gonna give it a try :)

Thanks Gonna give it a try :)

A quick 1st test at only about 100 ft agl. Next one will set the replay time at max and bring it down on my own if necessary. And if I can remember, to set focus at the edge of a sharply defined cloud about 1/3 of the way back

Thanks for giving me what I needed to get off my butt and experiment!

Reactions: PAW
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78