- car charger
- iPad Mini
- iPad charger
- Nikon D500 w/battery grip
- Tamron 16-300mm lens
- Nikon battery charger
- Nexto Di Photo Storage Vault
- associated cables and misc small loose items

I'm traveling via commercial airlines 2-3 round trips per month and am looking for a lightweight backpack that fits into the overhead bin.

Your guidance and experiences are always appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Thats funny. I have the exact bag your looking for, I actually loaded it up with my Nikon D500 the Mavic,RC, one 35mm prime two Zoom lenses, 3 Mav batteries, 1 spare D500 Battery, an Ipad Air 2 and Iphone 6+ along with my Dell 15" Laptop and all the charges, car hubs etc. After doing that I thought Dam I should take a picture but I never bothered.

This Bag does all that you need and it's super well built yet cheap and compact.

915jI68NMBL._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon.com : AmazonBasics DSLR and Laptop Backpack : Camera & Photo
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HIZEW1C
Rob

Sorry wanted to add. Although these wont fit into overhead, they can be locked and put in luggage check in. That way u will keep prying eyes away from ur mavic when u go through customs. Certain countries have blackout restrictions on drones, and they confiscate them upon entry, so u wouldnt want to be parading through customs with an item that could potentially get confiscated. Just my two cents worth
Except no batteries can go into checked luggage. Oh, and usually all of your bags are accessible to customs personnel.

I never check my camera or UAS gear since it is too likely to be stolen. Plus my LiPo batteries must be in my carry on.

Reactions: -=KamaL=-
I never check my camera or UAS gear since it is too likely to be stolen. Plus my LiPo batteries must be in my carry on.
I'm looking for a similar setup too.
I'm interested in a bag that can comfortable fit:
Mavic pro fly more combo
Nikon d7200
Nikon 50mm
Tokina 11-16
Sigma 17-50
12" laptop
Cables and small accessories

Just like you, I'm interested in a relatively compact setup for traveling in airplanes.

Any update on the think tank backpack? Are you satisfied?
Any photos with everything packed?
Where did you find it for 60$?

Thanks. Any other suggestions are also welcome

Mindshift Gear has a ton of amazing options. After dozens of bags over the years this is the first "perfect" bag I've ever found. It is global overhead approved and flexible enough to carry a couple bodies, large lenses and will fit my future Mavic as well. I bought the Rotation 180 large size. Not cheap but cheaper than adding up the cost of all the other bags I've bought over the years ;)

Oh and it's a proper backpack so it's comfortable to wear all day or do a "real hike" in the bush.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Omni_Aerial