DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

case for mav3 and mini 3

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
as the title suggests, has anyone come across a hard case thatll hold both these drones?
Im guessing ill need to make my own, but maybe someone has already done the hard work

Cheers

• Wow
Reactions: Gagey52
I think you're going to have to put one together, Jack
Regards

A verylarge case with configurable foam would be the way to go

Reactions: dozzn
I would check out the Apache 3800. I had laid out the plan for one to hold a Mini 1 and Mavic 2 Pro (left image). However, the controller(s) of the M3 and Mini 3 are larger and have largely pushed us to larger cases as many cases don't have enough depth to stand the RCN1 controller on it's side rather than face up. You might be able to get it to work. Its baby brother the 2800 is 6" deep and I have my RCN1 from my Mini 2 standing on it's side sometimes rather than face up, taking up far too much real estate. The trick is to find good foam for customization and then cutting it cleanly. I've been lucky and been able to cannibalize inserts from different cases for either full foam replacement or partial.

ApacheCase_3800.jpg

You can try the Apache 4800 which is bigger than the 3800.
The 4800 will definitely hold both kits. The Apache cases come with Pick n pluck foam so someone initially doesn’t have to go searching for foam. However there is better foam out there if you can find it. In defense of the pic and pluck foam I did use it for packing three decent size studio strobes in a large pelican case for years before the foam fell apart. But again, I think if the controller or controllers can be stood up a 3800 being smaller might be sufficient. If the size of the case doesn’t matter then the 4800 might be a better choice.

As I look up the cost of polyurethane foam I’m shocked at the cost for just solid pieces of the stuff. As I think about it I’m wondering that if I went down to the local guitar store they might have tons of foam that they’re putting in the dumpster every night? I could be wrong but I think it would be interesting to find out if my assumption is correct.

The 4800 will definitely hold both kits. The Apache cases come with Pick n pluck foam so someone initially doesn’t have to go searching for foam. However there is better foam out there if you can find it. In defense of the pic and pluck foam I did use it for packing three decent size studio strobes in a large pelican case for years before the foam fell apart. But again, I think if the controller or controllers can be stood up a 3800 being smaller might be sufficient. If the size of the case doesn’t matter then the 4800 might be a better choice.

As I look up the cost of polyurethane foam I’m shocked at the cost for just solid pieces of the stuff. As I think about it I’m wondering that if I went down to the local guitar store they might have tons of foam that they’re putting in the dumpster every night? I could be wrong but I think it would be interesting to find out if my assumption is correct.
I've always asked myself the same question. Why polyurethane foam is so darn expensive? Almost any big package transported now day is protected with it and is always disposed.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
michalis