DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Case for Mavic + CrystalSky

R72-MT

Reactions
Early this year, I managed to score a couple $20 Member's Mark 16" cases from Sam's Club. Sadly, they are no longer in stock at the stores, but some enterprising folks bought up all the stock at the warehouses and have been offering them at a premium with the prices running $50 to $60 on Amazon and E-Bay.
Here is a look at my carry solution for the Mavic and 7.85 CrystalSky. Nothing needs to be broken down for the RC / Monitor to fit into the case and be ready to go minimal fuss.
003.jpg

To fit in the case, the Mavic needs to be folded and I use the protective globe for the gimbal and also usually install the gimbal lock piece before putting the craft in the case.
005.jpg

To remove the RC / Screen, I loosen the tripod ball and swing the monitor upwards. The RC can then be lifted out. No disassembly or assembly required to go from encased to ready-to-fly. The extra CS batteryis stowed in the front portion of the case foam and spare Mavic batteries are stowed beneath the top portion of the CS and the battery contacts are prevented from contacting the foam.
006.jpg

The case and padding with the contents removed. I did have to carve a bit on the bottom foam piece for the case, to allow the plate and RC to set down enough for the CS to nest into the carving I did to the pik&pluck foam. There is still foam between the RC and bottom of the hard shell case.
008.jpg

When the CS is folded back, there is a nice void between it and the RC, which protects the joy sticks. In fact, there is enough empty space to stow a couple spare props.
I am way out in the sticks and everything requires a wait. Plast-Dip has been ordered and I'll use it to coat and seal the foam before I use the case too heavily.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake