DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Casey Neistat reviews Mavic Air

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is one of the things that bugs me about him, its cost him nothing. he acts like a spoilt child
I'm not a Casey "fanboy", but it's those types of things that allowed him to earn a good living by posting YouTube videos.;)

Oh I am sure he got paid. I really can't stand him though. I don't know why. Cant pin the reason why. Just something about em.

I'm guessing you should not be looking at the monitor for the reason, rather a mirror.

this is one of the things that bugs me about him, its cost him nothing. he acts like a spoilt child

Because people send him free stuff is something to be held against him? I guess like the time that DJI sent him 4 Phantoms and get gave 3 of them away to other people? Or perhaps that people send him a lot of stuff, he now sells it and donanates that money to charity (with full disclosure)? Now that's spoiled!

Because people send him free stuff is something to be held against him? I guess like the time that DJI sent him 4 Phantoms and get gave 3 of them away to other people? Or perhaps that people send him a lot of stuff, he now sells it and donanates that money to charity (with full disclosure)? Now that's spoiled!
just my opinion:)

In CN's review of the MA he clearly states how quiet it is, but then I saw this in another review. So how is it so quiet? I understand this isn't a controlled environment for a true sound test, and that the MP is louder than the MPP, but the MA is not quiet.

Attachments

• IMG_1467.PNG
    IMG_1467.PNG
    2.9 MB · Views: 49
just my opinion:)
Yup, yup... understood. To each their own. However, I think it's important to make an informed decision. He's worked for everything he has, he works 18 hour days, he gives away to charity all of the time and he helps people whenever he can. He's also puts forth a positive attitude in his videos. But some people focus on him being "hard" on his equipment and somehow think only this makes him a bad person. He's mentioned that he see his equiptment only as a means of conveying his message. As such, he uses them to get tell that story. If that means he needs to be rough, it's rough. Does not matter if he paid for the equipment or someone else gave it to him. Truth is, 99% of the people here would kill for a free drone to use. I think it's just difficult for them to accept that someone else was given one and they were not.

Casey is a decent guy. He works HARD for the projects he does, the guy is non-stop going all day everyday. It seems insane to hop a plane to Bermuda to go fly a drone but its his job to make interesting content and the hours of effort and time to film and edit all this stuff is immense. I know many people don't like his style, hate that he gets free stuff like these drones etc. but his sloppy quick reviews of drones (all in a positive upbeat light) have likely done far more to grow the drone industry for DJI than many of the hobbiest sites like MavicPilots etc. as painful as it is to think about.

Yup, yup... understood. To each their own. However, I think it's important to make an informed decision. He's worked for everything he has, he works 18 hour days, he gives away to charity all of the time and he helps people whenever he can. He's also puts forth a positive attitude in his videos. But some people focus on him being "hard" on his equipment and somehow think only this makes him a bad person. He's mentioned that he see his equiptment only as a means of conveying his message. As such, he uses them to get tell that story. If that means he needs to be rough, it's rough. Does not matter if he paid for the equipment or someone else gave it to him. Truth is, 99% of the people here would kill for a free drone to use. I think it's just difficult for them to accept that someone else was given one and they were not.
Yes I get all that and don't disagree.
My comment was not to do with "him being hard on his equipment" it was the Irritating way he unboxs, by just tossing the contents out as if they are just irrelevant or not needed.
It's not a hate on him, his was one of the reviews the swayed me to the mavic I have.
Friends

Reactions: badaxed

Huh?? No one said any of that BS about free drone haterism.

We were discussing how he got paid because there was zero negative mention on the drone review. Has nothing to do with him getting free drones or free lunches. We were analyzing why there have been zero negative mentions in any drone review thus far on this hilarious side grade question mark release mavic air.

I lost faith in his objectivity when he did his first review of the Mavic. He had obviously not read the manual and was unaware that you had to focus the camera. His videos were all out of focus and had tilted horizons but he was still trying to put positive spin on it. He later took down that video and did a proper one.

I like his videos and I actually did donate to one of his Go Fund Me pages because he does seem legit. I do wonder though whatever happened to him being investigated by the FAA. Also all the drone footage he uses is to farther his business and he does get monetized for them. So wouldn't he need to be 107 certified or maybe he is?

Huh?? No one said any of that BS about free drone haterism.

We were discussing how he got paid because there was zero negative mention on the drone review. Has nothing to do with him getting free drones or free lunches. We were analyzing why there have been zero negative mentions in any drone review thus far on this hilarious side grade question mark release mavic air.

He did mention a negative from his limited use... the gimbal lock. He threw it in the trash. He also pointed out that he was just presenting him limited experience with the Air and he'd probably follow up with an in-depth review. I agree... DJI has never put much thought into the gimbal locks. Third parties always seem to come out with much better ones. The video he put out was more to show people the comparison of the video so that people could make their own determination.

But also, people did specifically criticize Neistat about nothing to do with the drone review. So there is that.

You spelt grey wrong the buddy ;)
No... not really...

Grey and gray are both accepted in the English language. They refer to a color of a neutral tone between black and white, and can also be used metaphorically to convey gloom and dullness. However, gray is the more popular spelling in the US, while grey reigns supreme in the UK.

Also all the drone footage he uses is to farther his business and he does get monetized for them. So wouldn't he need to be 107 certified or maybe he is?

The FAA has stated that they won't consider YT commercial use.

You spelt grey wrong the buddy ;)
No... not really...

Grey and gray are both accepted in the English language. They refer to a color of a neutral tone between black and white, and can also be used metaphorically to convey gloom and dullness. However, gray is the more popular spelling in the US, while grey reigns supreme in the UK.
you got there 1st
spelt should be spelled:rolleyes:

The FAA has stated that they won't consider YT commercial use.
May I ask where did you see that? Just want to confirm as the "rumers" said otherwise. Trying to get clarification on this and doing research on it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markshsv